Search results

1. A

Recommendations for January Charter

Good morning all, My cousin has friends from Norway coming to visit in January and is looking for recommendations for a guided day fishing. Not sure what would be the best advice ,, Bamfield, East coast V.I. or local,Vancouver waters. Budget isn’t too important within reason.
  2. A

Salt ice in Port Alberni

Is that also called Fisherman’s Harbour. Close to Eat Canadian Seafood ?
  3. A

Salt ice in Port Alberni

Is there anywhere in Port Alberni to buy salt ice now?
  4. A

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

We have our annual trip to Bamfield booked for Monday August 21 to Friday August 25. The problem we are mulling over is the road to Alberni and alternate routes. We will have the boat on the trailer and usually launch it in Alberni,park the trailer at Breakers and I drive my truck loaded with...
  5. A

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Headed out this afternoon to check the boat. I have the sand trap and exhaust manifolds drained.. My jet boat is easy to drain everything if I use it for winter fishing which I don’t do too much. Its also stored inside, mouse traps are a winter necessity. Dam rodents can be bad some years. My...
  6. A

Fraser Sockeye Opening Success?

Spent 5 hour fishing the Fraser about 1 km upstream of the Harrison confluence. Brutally slow. Saw 4 caught by others within our sight. We had 2 hooked and play briefly but didn’t land them. There r few in the system!
  7. A

Salt ice on VI

Thanks
  8. A

In Memoriam

A lot of you Victoria folks will remember my friend Bill Varco. Salt of the earth man who I hunted and fished with for decades until an aggressive form of MS took him away from us and his dear wife Molly. Bill and Molly treated my son like a grandson when he started hunting with us in...
  9. A

Salt ice on VI

Headed from Victoria to Port Alberni on Monday early morning. Launching in port Alberni and as the truck owner,I get to drive the infamous Bamfield Road with all our supplies and equipment. My question for all you fine folks is, where can I stop for salt ice between Victoria and PA thats on the...
  10. A

Please delete

Please delete
  11. A

2021 JaxonCraft Build Thread

Thanks for the amazing pictures…I’m jealous of being able to sleep on that boat!
  12. A

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Heading up on 22nd morning,got a house booked in Grappler for the week. Hope things are still good..
  13. A

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

What size anchovies are most folks using in Bamfield? 6 inch or 5.5 inches?
  14. A

VIDEO: Men caught on camera assaulting an angler on B.C. river

I’ve owned a jetboat and have fished all the rivers around there,but, haven’t and won’t take it up the Vedder … Its too narrow and too many shore fishers to do it ethically or safely. I have seen that boat on the trailer around a bit,I’ll keep my eyes open for it again and try and get pictures...
  15. A

my next (last) project boat

Wow, nice dance floor room. Lots of room to play a fish for sure . Nice work..
  16. A

Shimano 4000 GT Moocher plus reels(2) for sale SOLD PLEASE DELETE

I used to have 6. Way overkill for spare reels! I now have mostly Trophy QR Xl reels
  17. A

Shimano 4000 GT Moocher plus reels(2) for sale SOLD PLEASE DELETE

As the title says, I have 2 Shimano GT 4000’s for sale. Surplus to my needs. Both are spooled with 30 lb hi viz line. one has minor rub marks. They both spend their life with me under the bow as spares with minimal use. They both function very well. Wife says I have too many reels… I tend to...
  18. A

Lowrance HDS7 Gen3

Finally got my new Lowrance HDS7 Gen3 installed a few weeks ago. It runs flawlessly and is nice to have a larger screen for the old eyeballs. Yesterday was a busy day as I brought the boat and got the structure scan LSS-2 transducer mounted and plugged into the system. Havent had time for a...
  19. A

FS two of those fancy flashers that look like fish!

Check your pm, I’ll take them..
Back