Search results

1. wildwest

2021 Nanaimo Reports

Those cameras pickup a signal from the 12mm tag inserted into the belly as smolts.And take a picture of the fish on the table.
  2. wildwest

WHO TO TAKE FISHIN..?

I like to take the Wifey. Why you say? Because she get's the sleeping bags all fluffed-up before snooze time in the cuddy.
  3. wildwest

WHO TO TAKE FISHIN..?

Well I think this is an overlooked piece of topics on this forum....can your buddy or two or your wifey good on the deck? Like to hear anyone's story's good or bad..
  4. wildwest

Weather Conditions when crossing the straight

PS;If you want to commit to cross any large piece of water it's very important to pick your crew. I don't fish with greenhorns anymore.. too much hassle.
  5. wildwest

I want to tell a little story that just came to mind. A lake fisherman wanted to go salmon fishing so we headed out very early one morning to cross over to Porlier from Vancouver.Well..it was a nice fast flat-water trip over there. Then around 7pm the wind really shot up just when we were ready...
  6. wildwest

Just look at the forecast for the next day and if seems ok just launch before sunup. Don't plan on returning midday because the wind almost always comes up.Bring a sleeping bag just incase so that you can do an over-nighter somewhere if needed.Used to run over to Porlier Pass in May from...
  7. wildwest

2019 Nanaimo Reports

Sure there are more springs to hook this year ....nobody has been bonking any...go figure.
  8. wildwest

2019 Nanaimo Reports

It is official now.....6:30 pm
  9. wildwest

2019 Sooke Reports

What are you doing fishin down in that neck of the woods..did Nick M say it was OK ..hehe
  10. wildwest

2018 Port Renfrew Reports

Are the coho showing at the river mouth the last few days..anyone?
  11. wildwest

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Sad but true. .RCMP boys like Tims donuts
  12. wildwest

I JUST want to say something about the RCMP duds in BC....I Was in the lineup buying a coffee at Tim Hortons a a couple of RCMP walked in.One guy that was maybe 20 had his hand on his pistol in the lineup.
  13. wildwest

Lots of doper's doing a lot of **** in Nanaimo and Port Alberni. ..when are the RCMP going to get on shift and tackle the problem? It's getting out of hand.RCMP Get yor **** together or else some taxpayers may do it for you..my rant for the night...
  14. wildwest

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Goats are weird looking critters..don't think I could bonk one..he-he
  15. wildwest

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

9 bucks for a baked potato. .and no Hali burgers or fries
  16. wildwest

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

NOOTKA IS NICE BUT I THINK EVERYONE OVERSTATE'S THE FISHING UP THERE.WAY 2 MANY BOATS IE COMBAT FISHING ETC.I THOUGHT IT WAS REMOTE ENOUGH TO GET AWAY FROM THE CROUDS BUT NO...SEEMS I WAS WRONG..RATHER FISH THE MOUTH OF THE CAPILANO..MY 2 BITS
  17. wildwest

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

With the Frazer river being so warm those millions of sockeye will circle out there...everyone will limit out early soon..keep your boat ready!
  18. wildwest

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Forgot. ...55 feet down below
  19. wildwest

2018 Nanaimo Reports

lot's of fresh pinks out off of the fingers today..best was 10am.Good fishery for the kids,they would like it.Small anchovies on a 6 foot leader was the ticket.3 small wild coho released,8 pinks released...no springs....
Back