Search results

1. Fish Nutz

Lowrance HDS 5X Gen 2 Opinions

Potentially looking at this unit for this upcoming season. It's a small boat and my eyes are good so the screen size isn't an issue and I will be using my iPad for charts so all I want is a good depth sounder. I have an elite 5x right now and it has been good but i'd like something with a little...
  2. Fish Nutz

Berkley Big Game vs Maxima Ultragreen Opinions

Hello All I am about to re-spool my reels for the year and kinda want to try something hi vis for those amazing moments when you have 2 big springs running different directions trying to cross up your lines. I usually run Maxima Ultragreen and have never had an issue but the only hi vis line...
  3. Fish Nutz

30" Scotty Booms X 2

For sale are 2 X 1 1/2' X 30" booms that are about to come off my scotty electric downriggers. Make me an offer or will trade for decent fishing gear. Cheers
  4. Fish Nutz

Sea Foam experiences?

Hello All My 2002 Yammy 60 4 stroke is running fine but I thought it might be an idea to run some sea foam thru it to get her cleaned up a bit on the inside. Has anyone had any negative/positive experiences they would like to share? Like I said it's running fine so I don't want to do anything...
  5. Fish Nutz

WANTED: Tilt trim Unit for 2002 Yamaha F60 4 Stroke

Hello All I need to replace the tilt trim unit on my 2002 Yammy F60. Apparently almost any unit from a 50 or 60 will work in the early to mid 2000's. My mechanic has had no luck tracking down a used on and a new one from Yamaha is a pricey endeavor. If anybody has one knows of a one or can...
  6. Fish Nutz

Halibut fishing: Effects of electrolosis

Hello all I'm curious. I see people advertising refined lead for cannon balls which is supposed to be better for fishing because there is no electrical charge created by the impurities in the lead reacting with salt water. I have the oportunity to use 3/4" steel bar stock instead of lead for...
  7. Fish Nutz

Sacrificial Internal Anodes: 2002 Yamaha 60 4-Stroke

Hello all I am wondering where I can find the sacrificial internal anodes on my 2002 Yamaha 60hp 4 stroke. Thanks FN
  8. Fish Nutz

WTB: Tach for 2002 Yammy F60 Four Stroke

I'd like a yamaha one but will consider others. Thanks
  9. Fish Nutz

2004 150 Honda issues?

My buddy is looking to buy a new with no hours 04 150 hp honda. Just wondering since it's now a 6 or 7 year old motor if anybody has any imput good or bad on the motor. Thanks Fish Nutz
  10. Fish Nutz

WTB: Tach for 2001 Yamaha F60

Just what the title says looking for a YAMAHA tach to replace the POS one that only lasted a season and a half. I'm located in campbell river. Thanks
  11. Fish Nutz

WTB: 16-19 foot Welded Aluminum

Lookin for a buddy if anybody knows of any leads it would be greatly appreciated.
  12. Fish Nutz

Fishing in Nootka in April-May

Hello all I will be working and staying in Nootka for a little while coming up soon and plan on taking my boat for after work entertainment. I fish the sound allot in the summer but have no idea what the fishing is like during the early spring. If there are springs around i'll probably try...
  13. Fish Nutz

2002 Yammy 60 not pissin well

I have a 2002 60hp yammy that does **** but not well, just started today i'm assuming i picked somthing up.I blew air thru the block and it seems as tho the problem is not there but somewhere in the leg. I took all 5 bolts that hold the lower leg unit on out but it would still not come off. Any...
  14. Fish Nutz

Wanted: Navonics SD chip

I'm looking for a navonics chip for my gps unit that covers the west and east coast of the island. Cheers FN
  15. Fish Nutz

Motor Mounting holes

I will be replacing my old 82 merc 80 with a newer yammy 60 and I am wondering if the mounting holes will be the same.
  16. Fish Nutz

Best deep Cycle Battery?????

Hello all, as the new fishig season approaches I am in need of a new deep cycle battery for my boat. Just wondering if anybody has any input on any brands they would not buy again, or ones they absolutley love. Thanks FN
  17. Fish Nutz

Best place to buy a new outboard

I live in Campbell River and am planning on buying a new outboard (50-75hp) in the spring just wondering where people have bought their motors, how the service was etc.
  18. Fish Nutz

Early 80's 80hp Merc

I have a early 80's i think 1982 merc 80hp stroke for sale. It has a rebuilt leg with no hours on it and a new brain. Carbs are apart but all parts accounted for. Engine runs great in the driveway just not once it gets hot. Also have controls, tilt/trim and autoblend.Open to offers
  19. Fish Nutz

Early 80's 80hp merc

I have a early 80's i think 1982 merc 80hp stroke for sale. It has a rebuilt leg with no hours on it and a new brain. Carbs are apart but all parts accounted for. Engine runs great in the driveway just not once it gets hot. Open to offers
  20. Fish Nutz

Buying a New Outboard in the States

I'm going to be repowering my boat this spring and was wondering if it was worth my time looking down south. The reason i want a new one is the waranty so if the waranty isn't good up here that won't work. Any input and/or suggested outfits to buy one would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty...
Back