Search results

1. Northof49

2024 Tuna Adventures

I have nothing to offer on the tuna front but have found the best way to drill with a hole saw at an angle is slowly in reverse until the hole is somewhat set and then drill as normal.
  2. Northof49

NORTH COAST PILGRIMAGE: PART V

Thanks for the story and pics, an adventure to be sure! Glad all went well for you and your crew.
  3. Northof49

Herring Sale

I just ordered a 20 lb. bag for pickup in Richmond. Drive through service.
  4. Northof49

Berry's Bait & Tackle for sale

I too wish all the folks at Berry's the best in their prospective sale and retirement. I always enjoyed shopping and bs'ing in that shop. Great people IMHO.
  5. Northof49

My daughter got into my tackle box...

Priceless, just the kind of thing my grand daughters would do if they had access to MY "toys".
  6. Northof49

Where to catch Dogfish in Vancouver?

DFO regional office phone number (604) 666-0384 or email info@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
  7. Northof49

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Saw a few boxed at Sandheads this aft but pretty slow. We did manage to coax this spring in with our sox gear.
  8. Northof49

2016 Beach Salmon Season

Outstanding as usual. Thanks Treblig
  9. Northof49

Black Jack GoPro footage

Very nicely put together video, great job Wooly! Lots of product in the freezer, nice to see the family sharing in the experience.
  10. Northof49

SOUTH ARM and the BOAT BUILDER

A day to remember for sure, nice tribute to your friend.
  11. Northof49

Tuna Craving

I haven't checked it out for a few years but there was at least one boat that sells whole flash frozen tuna at Fraser Surrey docks, reasonably priced.
  12. Northof49

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

My two year old grand daughter saw her Dad tossing the flasher over a couple of times....reached into the gunnel and took the flasher I had just paid 13 bucks for 2 hrs. earlier and tossed it over the side...just trying to help!
  13. Northof49

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Very impressive pics guys, congrats! Hoping some similar to that make it to the mouth of the Fraser in the next few weeks.
  14. Northof49

Ammo is Really Scarce!!

38-22-36 cal? :-)
  15. Northof49

PLace to BBQ with a view of Mount Baker?

X3 to Centennial Beach, had many fun days there in my youth. Hell I turn 63 tomorrow and I still enjoy that beach! Tend to leave the shirt on now though ;>)
  16. Northof49

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Managed to pick up a couple yesterday, my 5 and 7 yr. old granddaughters were thrilled! Lots of excited squealing happening, different atmosphere on the vessel :-) First one 90 seconds after the 7 yr. old "chummed" the water, she was a trooper after voiding her breaky :>( Her line for each of...
  17. Northof49

Needlefish Spoon Prototype Test - A New KILLER Emerges!

Don't want to get lost in the shuffle, I'm still in for a dozen. Ted
  18. Northof49

2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

YOWZA.....that's a hawg...very nice! Congrats, eases the pain from your mishaps.
  19. Northof49

Jumper on Lion's Gate Bridge today

....oops...double post
  20. Northof49

Jumper on Lion's Gate Bridge today

I installed those Crisis Line phone boxes.....the center span box on west side, right beside the box was some guy's last written thoughts on the rail...pretty sobering to imagine being that guy.
Back