Search results

1. A

PY Marine?

Sorry, I'm a little out of the loop. I called PY Marine in Port Alberni and apparently they're permanently closed. Anybody know what happened and when they closed? Thanks Dave
  2. A

What’s everyone’s thought on sea state and fishability? When is rough too rough?

When the waves start slopping over the side of my Lifetimer.
  3. A

Pancake Weights for Sale

No, sorry, not driving down to Vic anytime in the near future. Two remaining, but one is in rough shape. Dave
  4. A

Pancake Weights for Sale

Yes, still have the 13's. I have a fourth now as well.
  5. A

Pancake Weights for Sale

15 lb sold. Still have the other 3. Dave
  6. A

Pancake Weights for Sale

Some guys love them, some guys hate them. I've taken four on trade for balls. I thought I'd see if anyone wants them before I melt them down. 3 X 13lb GIBBS $26 each 1 X 15lb weight, a little fatter with large ss fin $30 Located in Chemainus Dave
  7. A

So are u going out and catch and releasing

No C&R for me. My boat hasn't left the garage since April. I haven't even bought my licence. No fuel, no bait, no gear. I'm saving thousands. I'm getting back into backpacking and hiking. Not spending a dime. I'm doing my best to collapse the economy.
  8. A

Fisheries and Oceans Canada makes improvement to recreational fisheries reporting in B.C.

OneFish is correct and I agree totally with him. The only thing DFO does with information is implement more closures. They've been collecting info from us for over forty years and not one fishery has gotten any better. My cooperation with DFO has ended. They've taken the best fishery in the...
  9. A

New yellow donut? (scotty weight retriever)

How "done" is it? Mine were getting rough, so I drilled it out to the next size up and they still work fine. Dave
  10. A

Road to Port Renfrew Closed

Yep, drove it today back from Renfrew. The last third is really bad. Lots of exposed bedrock and blast rock patches. The other two thirds to Lake Cowichan are good/fair. Fine to drive a vehicle, but I wouldn't trailer a boat. Go through Sooke.
  11. A

Road to Port Renfrew Closed

Gordon River main was always a rough one. I doubt it has gotten any better over time.
  12. A

Brentwood Bay?

Chinook non retention from August 1st to October 15th I think. Double check that. Dave
  13. A

Where to buy True Roll and C.J. Special Lures???

I bought a bag of tru-rolls a number of years back. I only have about a dozen left. I wish they would make them again. I prefer them over all others. Dave
  14. A

Has Anyone Fished for Burbot?

I'm currently working in northern BC and have weekends off. A few of us were going to try to ice fish for burbot. I have no idea how deep to start or what bait to use. I've checked out some videos on YouTube to get a rough idea. Just wondering if anyone has had any regular success. I know the...
  15. A

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

My son caught and released a 17 lb wild steelhead at camper on Wednesday. Slow other than that. Just a couple of hatch coho. Had work hard for them though.
  16. A

2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

My son caught and released a 17 lb wild steelhead at camper on Wednesday. Slow other than that. Just a couple of hatch coho. Had work hard for them though.
  17. A

house breaker gone

That's unusual. FPE's don't usually trip. That's why we call them arc welders. Dave
  18. A

Tomic TNT....

Tried them. Never caught anything on them. Tried them plain and with hootchy. I'd be curious to hear if anyone else had better luck with them than myself. Dave
  19. A

Sea Lampreys

Got a feeder last year with one attached. Exactly like the top photo. Fairly common in the Puget Sound apparently. Dave
Back