Search results

1. salmon slayer

HD 140 110 Volt Fishing Line Winder

This unit is the one all of your favourite tackle stores have. Can handle all types of reels, braided lines, any size bulk spool, heavy duty service spool holder, high torque output shaft, adjustable disc brake system, made in the USA . Perfect for the person that has many reels to reline...
  2. salmon slayer

Best time to hit the Queen Charlottes

Hi all. In honour my my dad passing away this year at the age of 87, my brother and I want to do a trip up to the Charlottes in 2022. What dates would people suggest we target to have a great experience.
  3. salmon slayer

Fire near Poett nook

Saw a report of a forest fire near Poett nook. Can any one there confirm
  4. salmon slayer

Getting Ice in Port Alberti

We are getting ready to head over to Poett Nook next weekend and was wondering where in Port Alberni you can get salt ice.
  5. salmon slayer

Trailer Maintenance

I’m looking to replace a number of rusty bolts on my trailer. I’m in the lower mainland. Where is the best place to purchase.
  6. salmon slayer

Port Hardy

I am thinking of giving the Port Hardy area a try this year. Can anyone suggest where you can camp/ launch a boat. What oher option would a person have bringing his own boat.
  7. salmon slayer

Water in my fuel tank

I justfound out after trouble shooting that I have a large amount of water in my fuel tank. When winterized each year (boat is 10 yearsold) I would put fuel conditioner in and make sure the tank was full. Every spring I would replace the water fuel separator filter. This has built up over time...
  8. salmon slayer

Water in my fuel tank

I justfound out after trouble shooting that I have a large amount of water in my fuel tank. When winterized each year (boat is 10 yearsold) I would put fuel conditioner in and make sure the tank was full. Every spring I would replace the water fuel separator filter. This has built up over time...
  9. salmon slayer

Water in fuel tank

I just found out after trouble shooting that I have a large amount of water in my fuel tank. When winterized each year (boat is 10 years old) I would put fuel conditioner in and make sure the tank was full. Every spring I would replace the water fuel separator filter. This has built up over...
  10. salmon slayer

Hoochies

Going through my tackle box and I want to try hoochies this coming year. I have pink ones for sockeye and pinks, but want to use them for Coho and springs. I fish mainly in the lower mainland, the hump ,thrasher, tungstal bay and sand heads. I also go a couple of trips to Barkley in July and...
  11. salmon slayer

Starter problem

Last weekend I launched my boat at rocky point. It has an inboard 5.0 Volvo penta gas engine. When I turned the battery switch to the on position, the starter engaged and tried to start the engine with no key in the ignition. I turned the batteries off and it stopped. This has never happened...
  12. salmon slayer

Time to replace my main line on my reels

I run mr3's. What do you use for a mainline on your reels? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. salmon slayer

12 and 15 lb finned canonballs

Getting ready to pour a bunch 12 lb. $20.00 15 lb. $25.00 Located in Port Coquitlam.
  14. salmon slayer

Replacing Hooks

What hook type and size are people using to replace hooks on coyote spoons ? Is it possible to put the hook on the wrong way?
  15. salmon slayer

looking for a trailer and motor

Looking for a 9.9 motor and a trailer for a 12ft aluminum boat. Live in the lowermainland Cell 604 313 3003
  16. salmon slayer

What length release clip do you prefer.

I noticed that the scotty release clips come in lengths from 18 inches to 5 feet. What do people prefer and does the lenght make any difference?
  17. salmon slayer

Tomic Plugs

Fishing Barkley sound in July. Looking for some reccomendations on body colors and size for the area? Any other fishing tips wiould be greatly appreciated.
  18. salmon slayer

Toquart Bay

The new year is only days away and i am already dreaming of my summer vacation time. I was thinking of trying the barkley sound area for the first time(bought the boat last spring). In my search, I came across Toquart Bay rec site.Towing a 24ft seaswirl striper and are considering tenting.Any...
  19. salmon slayer

Winter harbour fly fishing

Does anyone have any experience in fly fishing for coho in the area???
Back