Search results

1. staying alive

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

If it’s a tyee I would keep the same speed in case he charges at you and you have to gain line ,you need to tire him out , as soon as he gets close and sees the boat he’s gone again, the second time he gets close you need to get his head out of the water a couple of breaths of air will help tire...
  2. staying alive

Fished solo on Friday, was the best conditions I’ve been in out there it was awesome , fished The T10 got nothing but shaker springs and wild coho, so decided to switch to 5” plugs and a big spoon and do a fast troll to SH got a mid teen spring near SH, love catching them on plugs ,no flasher...
  3. staying alive

Went Hans Solo at the T10 yesterday got a couple of pinkies right way them worked a bit for 2 springs anchovies and Skinny G around 80’ Springs were on a line from T10 heading to SH in 150’ got. About a 8 and 12 lb Was a little breezy and lumpy at times for Solo but managed, no net just flipped...
  4. staying alive

Glass question - tempered vs laminate?

You car windshield is Laminated glass with a .030 vinyl inter layer holding the 2 layers of glass together , the side windows and rear are tempered glass You can get a cracked windshield and replace when you feel like it, I would never have tempered glass on the front if I can avoid it, that...
  5. staying alive

Kodiak brake parts

Pacific spring and axle in Langley has them
  6. staying alive

Trim tabs or not

Trim tabs all the way, I use them all the time on my 23’ Crestliner eagle, it’s light gauge aluminum , the trim tabs make the ride more enjoyable. Also if you you invite fat people for a boat ride you don’t have to insult them by getting them to shift their fat arse to stop the boat from listing...
  7. staying alive

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Damn that’s where i was going to go, that will probably stop the bite
  8. staying alive

Thanks for update think I’ll bail till tomorrow
  9. staying alive

Anyone out there and can report on conditions , want to take grandkids out , but don’t want to traumatize them looks a bit bumpy
  10. staying alive

2022 okanagan lake thread

Thanks King i will look those places up , I’ll either be launching at the El dorado or the other side at the Cove hopefully they are open early
  11. staying alive

2022 okanagan lake thread

Hello members I’m a salty but my kids moved to kelowna so I’m taking the boat up to drag grandkids around on the tube but want to try fishing Have downriggers but just trying to get some intel of where to go Is there a map with some markups of good spots ? Thanks in advance
  12. staying alive

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just finished a stay at critter cove sleeping on the boat , service was excellent as always. We did the morning bite at Hoiss picked a couple up each day 15 Lb the biggest Didn’t go out to the lighthouse the first day Thursday scared off from the fog , had a little kid with us, manned up the...
  13. staying alive

Thanks for doing that easy to understand for quick reference
  14. staying alive

I’m at Critter july 27-30 ,good luck to us both
  15. staying alive

Ejecto bearing buddies!

I’ve lost 3 of them the last one I just happened to look in the mirror when it came off, it bounced 10’ in the air, thank god it didn’t go through someone’s windshield , wouldn’t want that on my conscience. so what I do is clean very good with isopropyl alcohol bearing buddie where it meets the...
  16. staying alive

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Had the exact same thing always have a couple of spares now
  17. staying alive

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

New transducer custom mount I’ve busted a couple of transducers right at the hinge they are too feeble Putting a thru hull or an in hull would cause me to remove pedestals, seats, floor boards,batteries too much work also drilling a 2” hole in the bottom of my boat seemed weird Bought a thru...
  18. staying alive

Pro mar LN-500 net for sale. $50.00 (SOLD)

Ok let me know if he doesn’t show
  19. staying alive

Pro mar LN-500 net for sale. $50.00 (SOLD)

Hello Bernie , I will take the net for 50.00 could pick it up this weekend
Back