Search results

1. Fishtech1

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks for the report guys. Headed up early tomorrow for the week.
  2. Fishtech1

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just returned, yes the weather was good except for winds made it difficult a couple of days to get off shore. Plenty of lings, rockfish, hali a little slower. Heard of a few springs being picked up, we made a couple of passes by the lighthouse before being blown off. Did not set the prawn traps...
  3. Fishtech1

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just returned from a trip up. The weather was good, fall is definitely in the air. There are a lot of Coho around right now. We did well around Discovery, Burdwood and Wash rock. Nothing big but decent fish, springs are far and few between and as stated before on the smaller side. There is also...
  4. Fishtech1

Loaded and heading up! Launching Monday morning.
  5. Fishtech1

Just got back from the first trip this year, it was good to get back up to Nootka. Mainly a bottom fish and work around camp trip. The weather was decent with good tides and the wind wasn't a factor off shore. The bottom fishing was outstanding with nice lings and rock cod and decent halibut...
  6. Fishtech1

Thanks for the report. Headed up at the end of the week for the first trip.
  7. Fishtech1

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks for the reports and pics, for those of south of the border looks like its the closest were going to get again this year.
  8. Fishtech1

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks for the reports, the fishing maybe slow but at least you guys are in Nootka. Seems like the fish maybe late or still off shore this year, should turn on anytime. The parking lot looks pretty vacant, is the new lot across from the ramp? When I was up there last year talking with the lady...
  9. Fishtech1

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Well that is good news for you guys. For those of south of the boarder tho we still have a major obstacle with the boarder closure. This will mark the first time in 20+ yrs of fishing Nootka that a trip is not looking good. So please keep up the reports and pics, at least I can feel like was...
  10. Fishtech1

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Just returned from a quick trip up. Fished the inside Camel, Hoiss, Coopte slow no action. Fished Burdwood and Discovery it was steady, not hot by any means but we did manage to get our springs and a couple of coho. Fish came on small anchovies, small white needle fish hootchies and herring...
  11. Fishtech1

I was up there the same time, with similar results. I think we passed each other a few times at Beano. Lost a nice fish at the boat there, and turned back some nice native coho. No real wind to deal with so made it off shore for lings etc.. All in all a good trip.
  12. Fishtech1

Thanks for the report, headed up Monday, hopefully its not one of those you should have been here last week trips. But I`ll still be in Nootka.
  13. Fishtech1

They could be using the mean water line, which is the average of high water over a period of years. But If you plot the coordinates out it will give you a line apx 1mi off of the shore line. Hope that helps. The Boundary Line is approximately 1nm seaward of the surfline and is defined as...
  14. Fishtech1

The Official No Fishing Vent Thread

Here in Wa state we are dealing with a lot of the same issues. We have the tribes as our co-managers of the resource, back room meetings, misinformation, poor science, with little or no recreational representation. Dealing with the same issues of the rec areas being closed allocations moved, yet...
  15. Fishtech1

I usually make my first trip of the year in the first to mid part of May. For the past few years the prawning has not been very good, do mainly I believe, to over fishing by commercials. The situation has been discussed at length here on SFBC. As far a bottom fishing it can be very good if you...
  16. Fishtech1

How much is too much (tackle)?

Thats like asking yourself " do I make too much money? "
  17. SeaSport 27 15

SeaSport 27 15

18. Fishtech1

2018 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Looks like this place off of Bligh Island. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18237222?guests=1&adults=1
  19. Fishtech1

Nicely done video, if I was`nt already counting the days until I get back, I certainly am now. Thanks
  20. Fishtech1

I just got back yesterday and had the same results, fishing was slow last week between the full moon, fog, kelp everywhere and jellyfish. Ran out to the can a couple of days, no bait, no birds, no fish. Did have a decent afternoon at Beano. Like its been said the bait is very small this year as...
Back