Search results

1. SerengetiGuide

Let's Hope

Holy has this been a windy fall/winter! By far the windiest I've ever seen in my few years. Let's hope it is blowing itself out and it isn't a windy summer too! Never had to deal with power being out three times by new years due to wind alone (few times due to wet snow). Fingers crossed she...
  2. SerengetiGuide

Salmon Farms in Discovery Islands To Go

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/seawestnews.com/bc-salmon-farms-in-discovery-islands-to-go/amp/
  3. SerengetiGuide

La Niña in Pacific

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/la-nina-declared-in-the-pacific-heres-what-it-means-for-hurricanes Usually good for salmon no?
  4. SerengetiGuide

Tell Them No More Further Chinook Restrictions

Emails for key players... Minister Jordan - min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca or bernadette.jordan@parl.gc.ca Rebecca Reid - rebecca.reid@dfo-mpo-gc.ca Andrew Thomson - andrew.thomson@dfo-mpo.gc.ca Brad Beith - brad.beaith@dfo-mpo.gc.ca Jeff Grout - jeff.grout@dfo-mpo.gc.ca Jennifer Nener -...
  5. SerengetiGuide

2020 Chinook Feedback Extended?

Anyone have link to give input ? Know it was extended. Can’t find thread
  6. SerengetiGuide

North Island SFAC Meeting, March 3, 1PM

North island sfac covering areas 11, 12, 127, 27 is on Tuesday at 1PM (no idea why mid afternoon) at the community futures office. Hope to see many of you there.
  7. SerengetiGuide

Halibut TAC

Essentially same as last year for region 2B, think maybe up a tiny amount but pretty darn close to same anyway as a whole TAC for our region, Canada. Think we will be around 900,000 lbs for rec sector. Now regs debate....GO! Haha
  8. SerengetiGuide

WCFC North Island Lodge Closes

Not due to regulations or even direction of industry. Haida wouldn’t renew the lease
  9. SerengetiGuide

New Fisheries Minister

All but official that Jonathan Wilkinson is being moved to Minister of Environment. Essentially a promotion he does not deserve, but he will be out of the Fisheries profile. Saw this coming with all his TV appearances and his past work with ENGO's and Parliamentary Secretary to McKenna. CBC...
  10. SerengetiGuide

Coastal Returns 2019

Thought this would be a good place to accumulate all the return numbers from the coast so guys can get an idea of some Positive highlights from the year and what systems need work.
  11. SerengetiGuide

Togiak Pontoon River Floater

great pontoon boat for rivers, lakes, creeks etc. $180. Never even used, still in box, so as mint as mint gets
  12. SerengetiGuide

Campaigning in Wilkinson’s Riding

Ways out but think if we get a big contingent of sports fishermen out to campaign on a weekend in North Vancouver in sept/oct for saxton (or even just anti Wilkinson) that would be HUGE! Show our power to try and get him unelected. Like I said. Ways out but come sept I can bump it back up and...
  13. SerengetiGuide

300 ft Downrigger Stainless Cable

Never used. 300ft. The stainless cable. $30
  14. SerengetiGuide

MPA Announcement today

While this individual announcement doesn’t directly affect us. It does in sense that some areas that weren’t considered MPA now are. At 8% plus this new addition. Need to get to 10%. I’d hope this makes it easier to without affecting us but Wilkinson is brutal so who knows...
  15. SerengetiGuide

What Is OK On This Forum?

I'm curious, where is the line on the forum on what can be said and can't be? When do Admin's delete threads on common and IMPORTANT issues to us as fishermen and us in general as Canadians? I would say a huge political scandal in Canada would be fair game in the General Forum, and if poor...
  16. SerengetiGuide

2019 Halibut Limits

Saw it on a few facebook feeds so figured it was public info now: 1/1, 126cm OR 1/2 90cm/90cm Very happy SFAB went with the choice option I put forward in Nanaimo and NI, a little disappointed in the sizes they decided to go with though. Using past seasons and fact 115/83 only caught 840,000...
  17. SerengetiGuide

Court quashes government PRV fish farm policy

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/court-quashes-government-policy-not-to-test-baby-farmed-salmon-for-disease
  18. SerengetiGuide

Washington State Bans Whale Watching of SRKW

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/washington-governor-inslee-proposes-1-1b-to-help-starving-orcas
  19. SerengetiGuide

Leblanc Out as Fisheries Minister

Apparently he is getting shuffled out of the portfolio tomorrow. We will see if it is a BC’er put in instead. Doubtful though.
  20. SerengetiGuide

Togiak River/Lake Float Tube

Never used, still in the box. Asking $250. Great fishing platform! Will post pictures ASAP. Won’t let me as file is too big apparently.
Back