Search results

1. Tight Roll

Christmas Giveaway from West Coast Fishing Tackle

Gower Point late August this past summer. Was best coho season in memory.
  2. Tight Roll

Yamaha Timing Belt Replacement?

My 225 hp motors are within the range of the recommended 1000 hour replacement of the time belts. My mechanic (not a Yamaha dealership) advised against it and said it was a waste of money as they never break. I personally have never heard of anyone having issues. Are people replacing belts as...
  3. Tight Roll

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Gower has been slow for couple of weeks but every day is different so you never know.
  4. Tight Roll

Mexico Fishing Trips

I will be in Cabo arriving January 14th and departing January 25th. I would be interested in tagging along for a day if anyone is looking for an additional person to share some costs. Got a few things planned but relatively flexible with dates. Drop me a message if interested.
  5. Tight Roll

Wanted - Yamaha F225 Outboard

Found a 2005 F225 with less than 900 hours at a dealer.Bought it sight unseen so won't know until it arrives later this week if I did well or not.
  6. Tight Roll

Finally found a suitable engine. Thanks for the comments and suggestions and pm's.
  7. Tight Roll

Thanks for the tip. Would be Plan B as really hoping to find a Yamaha so don't have to get new controls, guages........
  8. Tight Roll

So - I have until August when fishing opens to get back on the water but if anyone has or knows of a 225 for sale - please let me know. Would be greatly appreciated.
  9. Tight Roll

Hi - Looking for a used 2006-2015 3.3 L Yamaha F225 25 inch shaft outboard to match my other running motor. Either rotation would work. Anyone that has one to sell or knows of one - please let me know. Thanks.
  10. Tight Roll

Yamaha F225's For Parts Value

I think one is around 1300 and other about 1600. Disappointingly low.
  11. Tight Roll

Yamaha F225's For Parts Value

I have 2 dead 2002 Yamaha F225's that are sitting at my marine mechanics shop. Both engines had the exhaust upgraded (before kits were available so I try not to think about how much was invested) not long before they died. One stopped suddenly and the other had head gasket issue and was still...
  12. Tight Roll

2020 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

How deep of water have you been in when you are hitting the springs off Byng?
  13. Tight Roll

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Sure - wouldn't want to put the Sechelt reports in the Vancouver-Howe Sound- Reports Thread.
  14. Tight Roll

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Trail Islands or further North?
  15. Tight Roll

Still no Decision on SFAB Chinook Proposal?

Am I reading this right that south of Gower Point is not only closed to retention until August 31st but also to fishing?
  16. Tight Roll

Bottom Coat Required?

For a few years I didn't want to bottom paint so i pulled the boat out once a month to clean it. If I waited longer than 4 weeks the cleaning got exponentially harder - the more frequently the cleaning the easier it was. I would take the boat to the gas station car wash and use the outside self...
  17. Tight Roll

Gelcoat/Fiberglass Repair Recommedations

I am looking to have a number of relatively minor touch-ups of my gelcoat on my Grady done. The colour matching seems to be relatively difficult based on my previous experience. Would prefer to have it done in Vancouver or Nanaimo area (from Sunshine Coast) and done while boat is in the water...
  18. Tight Roll

Yamaha F225 Low RPM Fuel Consumption

No I don't. They are 2003 era engines and systems.
Back