Search results

1. M

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Took advantage of excellent conditions on Sunday Dec. 10th. Fished just north of the US/BC boundary off Victoria. Released a few small chinook and a couple sub legal fish. Kept 4 fish between 4-6lbs. Others had better success on larger fish but overall a great day with decent action. All fish...
  2. M

Tuna in Washington fall 2020

In many years October is great and fish are taking live bait off the surface. However, I’d shoot for late September if I only had one option. Many boats do book out in advance so getting a reservation is a good idea. There are a couple options to think about. Either a larger charter boat or an...
  3. M

2017 Sooke Reports

I've always been critical of the WDFW website but gotta say the BC information is difficult to find. Thanks ProFisher!
  4. M

Anybody tried the rapala x-rap?

Guys we're using them off the mouth of the Columbia this past summer. Heard they were successful but not sure about the details. My information came from WDFW enforcement staff.
  5. M

Feedback BYOB Lodge Esperanza Inlet

Prices were high but it's a long ways from civilization. Amazing country!!
  6. M

Feedback BYOB Lodge Esperanza Inlet

Rogers is doing it now but it's a major inconvenience to the current guiding operations. I purchased meals and boat moorage for six days in late July/early August this past summer and had a decent time. After several awkward discussions with guides about fishing and locations it was very obvious...
  7. M

2017 Sooke Reports

That's not an encouraging report Sookesailor. Hope it picks up before I head over from Port Angels in Jan. Anyone know when halibut is scheduled to open back up? Thanks
  8. M

Ucluelet in July

The tough crowd comment was in regard to the geographic ribbing relative to me calling your springs our kings. I follow all the rules to the letter of the law. Like I said really looking to enjoy the fishing and scenery. I've been to Nootka, Esperanze (sp?), and Bella Bella, and have always...
  9. M

Ucluelet in July

Wow.....tough croud. I'm guessing fishing will be difficult for most of you since you only keep springs. Mostly because a big chunk of the salmon passing by the WCVI will be kings headed to the Columbia. So only two day possession even if the are processed? Regardless, just looking to enjoy...
  10. M

Ucluelet in July

Hello, Thinking about dragging the boat up this summer (July) and looking for advice on where to set up camp. Ideally we 'd like to find a cabin or house that's close to moorage and set up to process fish. Nice is not a requirement but clean would be nice. FYI....we are forecasting...
Back