Search results

1. L

Gibbs spoons

Can you recommend any sources online for blanks?
  2. L

Chum Derby 2016

Can someone please post the Chum Derby official photo?
  3. L

Gutting before filleting?

I bleed in the boat and then gut the fish before I filet. I find that sometimes the guts can get in the way, especially on a bigger fish. I'd rather have a clearer view to see how my cut along the backbone is going as well if for some reason I start to run through it or something.
  4. L

Sooke2015

we did good on sunday out of cheanuh. all fairly deep... 150 feet seemed best in 150 - 350 feet of water. coho killer.
  5. L

Port Hardy / Winter Harbour / North Island Report - Spring and Summer 2011

I'm heading up with friends to Side Bay... any recent reports/tips for fishing the Lawn Point area? Any coho around? I'll be in my kayak trolling spoons, buzzbombs, stingers etc...
  6. L

Wasps

we got one of the phermone attractor bags. it filled up real fast. worked great... now we have wasp soup. got it at a pet store in victoria.
  7. L

New Halibut Regulations Update

30-40 pounds i'm guessing?
  8. L

Deadly European virus found in B.C. salmon

Well at last the smoking gun has been found. The industry can deny the effects all they want, but there is no reasonable doubt as to where ISA has come from. Somewhere a cloud just receded and the light at the end of the tunnel got a little bit brighter...
  9. L

Tofino and Ucluelet Outlook and Reports 2011

First week of august we will be kayaking north clayquot around Flores, Maquinna, maybe up to Hesquiat. Can we expect much in the way of coho action in those parts? (I've yet to hit a spring from the kayak) Any spot suggestions would be appreciated! typically we've dragged spoons with...
  10. L

Salmon fishing around Saturna / Mayne?

thanks for the thoughts everyone. something about east point just seems fishy to me... sounds like it might take many many hours to prove though! peahead, offshore off Active = nanimo salmon styles i presume? deep water?
  11. L

Salmon fishing around Saturna / Mayne?

Anybody have any experience fishing around Saturna and/or Mayne Island? I've heard people used to catch salmon right off of East Point on Saturna... It looks like a cool spot to fish, although I know there is an RCA. lots of seals too. anyone have any tips/spots/thoughts they're willing...
  12. L

Spoons...

a buchanan clip is what i believe they are called.
  13. L

Shaw services

one thing going for shaw is at least it's relatively easy to get someone on the phone. my experience is that telus customer support can be brutal... and you don't have the face to face option (which is available in vic at least). my game so far has been to sign up for tv, and then cancel...
  14. L

How Long Is Your Sausage?

I've bought directly and ordered from Stuffers in Langley: www.stuffers.com They are good folks, delivery is cheap and fast to the island, and they have all the curing salts if you're into that sort of thing. Nog, are those smoked sausages cooked all the way through in the smoker? They...
  15. L

Buying an American truck

so can i bring it across the border with no advance notice?
  16. L

Buying an American truck

hey all i've been looking at a few trucks down south online. i'm not sure i understand the rules correctly around the 3 day notice. If I head down to buy the truck on the weekend, is there anyway to swing the 3 day advance notice for us customs without staying or going coming back...
  17. L

Upper Campbell lake at Strathcona

man, was it raining hard on saturday afternoon. despite the weather a couple adults and two children joined me to give it a go for an hour or so. the kids were casting crocs and we were floating a few worms off the bottom. the one girl, maybe 10 years old took home the prizes for first...
  18. L

Upper Campbell lake at Strathcona

Hi All I am headed to a friends wedding at Strathcona Lodge on Upper Campbell lake this weekend. I have agreed to host a fishing session with the kids on Saturday. I looked at the map of the grounds and there is a 'fishing point' marked... but I couldn't find anything about the lake in my...
  19. L

Rinsing fish

at some cutting tables you can rinse with salt water... i can't see that having a negative effect? i think getting the slime off is of major importance. bagging a filet with slime still all over it means the meat is likely gonna get covered in slime and that stuff gets fishy smelling pretty...
Back