Search results

1. Orion

Seems like a great deal??

Come on leftcoast you know you want it. You could be out after the winter springs with it.
  2. Orion

(4) New MR 5000 for sale

Not to mention his last activity was when he put the add on here.
  3. Orion

Toba inlet

Will do, go luck.
  4. Orion

Toba inlet

Dad and I were going to but it's supposed to blow 15-20 southeast in the morning. And that makes for a bumpy ride for my boat. So we're just going to stick around town instead, heading out 5:30-6:00 for the early tide. But I was going to pull the boat tonight and dump it in at Okeover. You...
  5. Orion

Toba inlet

Just wondering if anyone has been doing any fishing in the area around toba. I was up there last weekend and lost a dandy right at the boat. We were the only boat fishing that we saw. Heading back up Sunday morning hopefully.
  6. Orion

Leader length for spoons

Around Powell river here most of us run them 36-40". I've never run a coho killer longer than 42" that's caught anything. But listen to fog ducker he said all the things I was going to say. There is a Great video on the salt patrol site that shows you how to rig them and man does it work.
  7. Orion

Praw puller

Where are you located?
  8. Orion

ZurTro spoons

I just received my order of ZurTro spoons in the mail yesterday and am going to get them wet tonight after work. Just want to know if the guys that are using them are running them with the same length leaders as coyote. I haven't actually done a side by side comparison but they do seem heavier...
  9. Orion

Website for fishing news in Powell River

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't seen that before. I'll be checking and adding to it often hopefully. Orion
  10. Orion

Bottom paint

I've got a Bayliner 1952 and am dropping it in the harbour for the summer but want to paint the bottom. Just wondering what you guys could suggest. What works and any suggestions on applying it. Thanks Orion
  11. Orion

Hook size for coyote spoons

The reason for the use of the needle nose was always just they were handy on the boat. I knew they weren't the right tool for the job but they seem to always be within reach.
  12. Orion

Thanks for all the info guys. That's a lot of things I hadn't thought of. I had always tried to use my needle nose pliers to close the hooks, what a pain and now I know why. Since I joined this site I have changed so much of how I fish and I've already caught more fish than I did all last year...
  13. Orion

I have a few coyote spoons with rusty hooks that I would like to replace. What are you guys using for hooks. Size and type would be great. Thanks Orion
  14. Orion

Nelson Island area

If you have a decent boat I would either run up to scotch fir point just outside jervis inlet or across to the power lines on Texada. The Texada shore has been good the last week. There have been a dozen or so fish picked up along different spots on the Texada shore in the last 4 days. Just...
  15. Orion

Coast Guard Aux. Tragedy - 2 deaths.

Very sad to hear. We were fishing off Texada and were listening the whole thing. Just a terrible situation all around. Prayers go out to the families.
  16. Orion

Airbrush paint

Thanks Nog that was exactly what I was looking for.
  17. Orion

Airbrush paint

Just wondering what guys are using for airbrush paint for their spoons. And also the best place to find it? Thanks Orion
  18. Orion

What Do You Eat When You're Out Fishing?

Usually a bag of carrots, lots of liquids and a big bag of spitz sunflower seeds.
  19. Orion

Great Time To Be a Tackle *****!

I was using the green blue in I think the 5". And as for leader I through it out right out of the package, so whatever comes on it is what went over the side.(it was late in the afternoon nothing was biting, I got lazy) It was trailing behind a copper river hot spot flasher.
  20. Orion

Great Time To Be a Tackle *****!

I will vouch for the seafour lures did some testing with them on Saturday and think I have a curve that the fish like. Fish on right after it hit the water and nothing else was biting all day. Time to pick up some ZurTro spoons. I buy tackle anyway but it's nice to validate my purchase in front...
Back