Search results

1. H

16' driftboat must go

Hey guys, i posted this in the classified section as well. Steelhead season is fast approaching. This is my 16' custom driftboat which is in immaculate condition. Oars,anchors and trailer included. I have close to 5000 into this thing. Take it away this week 2950.00 Youd be stealing it.
  2. H

16' custom driftboat

3000 its gotta go.
  3. H

16' custom driftboat

My 16' custom drift boat must find a new home. Steelhead season is fast approaching. Trailer, oars and anchors included. 3500.00
  4. H

stamp river

Hahaha, just ribbing yah buddy . You seem pretty excited about it any way. That's good to see.
  5. H

Cowichan river

I'm a fisherman. Weather I'm on foot or on a boat , etiquette is the same. I had a boat or two drift right over a slot I was pitching to yesterday. Tons of water behind me for them to pass my boat. I was In The middle of the river for Christ sakes. I let them know my thoughts. I have dropped...
  6. H

Cowichan river

Driftd yesterday. Beautiful day . Made more casts in 8 hours than I thought was possible. We worked every nook and cranny. For a fish ..... It was monster effort. Three boats ahead of us got nothing. Shore guys .... We saw one taken: sadly it won't be caught again. Native buddy harvested it:
  7. H

stamp river

No kidding , lol. I got dizzy reading that Sorry, what happend?
  8. H

Elk Lake Carp

Thanks Dan Hey that's a great looking spring you got there on the rocks. Lots of great memories casting buzz bombs. 10 mile, oak bay, 9th hole, clover,Ogden,shoal pt.,beechy, otter....... Some awesome times!!
  9. H

Elk Lake Carp

Hey Lip, good to be back and snooping around. Thanks :) Life got busy. Kids with hockey, soccer, cubs, sparx, voice, Hell, we've all got wife's, jobs....... Life lol I have been laying low, but am doing some drifting for steelhead once in a while here. The Carp thing...... Yeah, I'll be there...
  10. H

Elk Lake Carp

On the corn topic....... Hahha lol Are the fish not tricked In to believing that after all the insects they consume up until the point that they fall victim to our offering that it was going to be safe???? C'mon people ..... Are we not anglers. I understand the levels associated with angling...
  11. H

Elk Lake Carp

Dan...... I pm'd yah.
  12. H

Stamp/Cowichan Steelhead

I'm sure glad I got to experience the Cowichan as I did some 24 years ago. Even then we heard of glorious stories from 20 years earlier than that. Still some beautiful wild fish in that system, but definitely not like it used to be.
  13. H

Stamp/Cowichan Steelhead

Usually this time of year you can smell the steelhead on the river. Beautiful day it was on The river this past weekend. More than a few boats. We decided to arrive late and work really hard on the settled slots that would have already been hit. We did ok. Worked hard but saw some fresh fish...
  14. H

New signs on the Cowichan

Pretty much same thoughts on this one as hyde n seek. 24 years on that river and granted its gotten much busier with boat traffic but 30 in a given day is a stretch. Usually each driftable section will see five to eight boats on a busy day. Not sure if anything but awareness will come from the...
  15. H

Cowichan Fly only section

Funny how concerning the take out at Skutz is. Yet its really not that bad at all. Dont get me wrong , you should be experienced but there are bigger dangers elsewhere on that upper portion.
  16. H

Mainlines on Centerpin reels

Have used Fenwick river line and really liked it. Was nice and limp. Have rescently tried chameleon and hate it!!!! Way too stiff. The memory ruins an otherwise silky cast with over coiling of the spool. No thanks! Was thinking of Fireline . Thinking its limpness will be perfect.
  17. H

Cowichan river steelhead

Water looks perfect but will be really low quickly in the new few days with this cold snap. Will need some rain. Drifted a couple times. Lots of water covered. Not busy. Hahaha and um not much to report .
  18. H

Stamp Report

Jetted several times. Plucked our share but with that being said....... Sloooooow with not alot of fish being seen at all.
  19. H

Pristine 2006 2301 Seaswirl Striper ( Tale Chaser/ Highlights ) Needs a new home.

Bayliner??? ....not a chance. Freeing up some capital to make yet another business move. Though I adore my Striper I believe it will be bigger and even better in the future. Something to strive for anyway!
Back