Search results

1. GLG

Local Flooding

Never a good sign when a peer reviewed paper comes out that say's your source is one of the worst of worst when it come to climate change denial. Balance as bias, resolute on the retreat? Updates & analyses of newspaper coverage in the United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and...
  2. GLG

Local Flooding

Wow! News flash if you would have listened to climate scientists for the last 30 years you would already know that the problem is that we have tons of infrastructure that isn't designed to withstand climate crisis fueled weather events.
  3. GLG

Local Flooding

Mayor Braun and City Emergency Officials November 21 2 PM Press Conference
  4. GLG

Local Flooding

What happened and the plan going forward. Sumas Prairie area in eastern Abbotsford Mayor Braun and City Emergency Officials November 18 4PM Press Conference
  5. GLG

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

nice old truck in this video, to be 40 years younger I would be looking at this create motor.
  6. GLG

Local Flooding

Something I have never seen before. The Lower Mainland is effectively cut off from the rest of British Columbia and Canada Island is near cutoff too.
  7. GLG

This day in history

‘Before insulin, diabetes was a death sentence’: The miracle that two Canadians gave the world 100 years ago is still saving lives A hundred years ago, almost to the day, Dr. Frederick Banting celebrated his 30th birthday in a memorable way. Accompanied by his colleague Charles Best, on Nov...
  8. GLG

All Things COVID-19

The important story is your personal decisions can have deadly consequences to others.
  9. GLG

This day in history

November 10, 1975. The Edmund Fitzgerald sank on Lake Superior. Killing all 29 men. Gordon Lightfoot recorded a powerful song in their honor.
  10. GLG

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

Looking forward to what Ford does. The Ford Motor Company has laid out an ambitious plan to transform the company by the end of this decade. It has to transition to electric, autonomous and connected vehicles. And to get there it has to change the way the company operates. Lisa Drake, the...
  11. GLG

All Things COVID-19

NEW - There are 3,071 unvaccinated health care workers on leave in BC that are not vaccinated. This includes: 1,032 casuals 989 full time 819 part time 16 not identified Unvaccinated by job status in health care system: Emergency medicine 28 not vaccinated (2%) General medicine 105 not...
  12. GLG

All Things COVID-19

Johnson and Johnson vaccine supply will be coming to BC early next week. It will be offered first to health workers who are not yet immunized. That should help deal with the problem as most said they are not anti-vaxx but were just not comfortable with the mRNA. Once those have been given then...
  13. GLG

Tell Your Best Joke

Professor X: What's your super power? Mutant: Hindsight Professor X: That's not going to help us at all Mutant: Yes, I see that now
  14. GLG

All Things COVID-19

'Thirty-, 40- and 50-year-olds shouldn't be dying at this level': A day in the ICU On any given day in B.C., the large majority of people in hospital intensive care units are unvaccinated. Nov 7, 2021 If vulnerable seniors in care homes were the face of the pandemic’s first wave, young...
  15. GLG

All Things COVID-19

16. GLG

All Things COVID-19

The week in focus. Good summary and only 20 minutes to watch.
  17. GLG

All Things COVID-19

For the original strain and for Alpha this about right but for the Delta strain it is higher and that is why we now think it's in the mid to high 80's. When the facts change we should not be held to old assumptions.
  18. GLG

All Things COVID-19

RED ALERT Pfizer says COVID-19 pill cut hospital, death risk by 90% Nov 5, 2021 WASHINGTON (AP) — Pfizer Inc. said Friday that its experimental antiviral pill for COVID-19 cut rates of hospitalization and death by nearly 90% in high-risk adults, as the drugmaker joined the race for an...
  19. GLG

All Things COVID-19

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid-19-health/dozen-misguided-influencers-spread-most-anti-vaccination-content-social-media
  20. GLG

All Things COVID-19

https://twitter.com/adriandix 88 percent of people in critical care due to COVID-19 are not fully vaccinated. See the breakdown by age here:
Back