Search results

1. F

Social Mapping of Pacific Herring in the Salish Sea....

have the herring started spawning at French creek harbour?
  2. F

sockeye forcast for port alberni

I hope that the run is managed correct this year. just don't want to see seine boats lined up from June 1st - August 15th.
  3. F

lower stamp drifting

it's been a good year so far. the lower has been hot at times and fish seem to be holding in all the old traditional areas from the gun range and down. had a couple 10 fish days at the old swansons hole, first time in years that has happened. the usual standby falls pool has been busy with no...
  4. F

lower stamp drifting

is young steelheader tristan?
  5. F

Lost dog on the stamp

dog is a 5 year old black english staffordshire terrier. i hear he might be on the airport side of the river.
  6. F

Lost dog on the stamp

just heard there is a black dog lost near the falls pool area. keep an eye out
  7. F

Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

the method isn't much different at all. lots of sockeye fisherman will catch springs on that type of gear. generally you want to lengthen your leaders on hootchies to 36"-42" you can roll anchovies also on the inside but i find hootchies more productive. fish from 15 feet - 60 feet
  8. F

Port Alberni Hazard

i think ron sits on channel 6 also
  9. F

how to catch pilchards

I seen a bunch of people catching herring at french creek marina and was wondering if anyone has ever tried catching pilchards with a herring rig or anything.
  10. F

Loggers Derby

just a reminder that getting your derby tickets ASAP helps to get more and better prizes on the table.
  11. F

Biggest Salmon you ever caught???

biggest is 45.2 lbs caught in barkley sound when i was 13 years old, 1999 (first day in a boat guiding myself) biggest one caught by a junior member for a long time(when i was in the junior tyee club in alberni) now a senior member
  12. F

Shark In Alberni

pretty sure it was a six gill. it was 14 feet long though. found floating outside coulsons mill. 5 babies fell out and when it was cut open there was a count of 22.
  13. F

Shark In Alberni

Feb 10th shark out front of coulsons mill
  14. F

stamp 2010

oh and ian... don't worry about the cops. they heard my side of the story and now chuckle lol. they have seen your MULTIPLE threats on other sites and have now turned their attention to you so don't bother trying that one again. remember... i know alot more people then you think i do. and thats...
  15. F

stamp 2010

you really think i have nothing else better to do other then sit here and argue with you? nevermind making up new accounts lol. maybe just maybe other people know how ian is and have been sitting on the sidelines through this all and just couldn't help but speak their mind also. and whats...
  16. F

stamp 2010

for one thing... whos trying to be a tough guy? what was your intentions with the post about the jet on the sproat? cause as soon as i or anyone else saw it knew that it would turn into another arguement. now... about good ol tristan. i was there the day that ladyfisher is talking about. yest he...
  17. F

stamp 2010

its definatly a touchy subject. but really was it necessary to bring it up if you werent wanting to stir things up? and also... was anyone fishing there on shore? if no then why cant they be there. they have just as much right to be there as you do at the falls. p.s. was that you...
  18. F

stamp 2010

slow for the whole week.
  19. F

stamp 2010

pretty simple. want fresh fish then work up from gun club. want summers go to the upper and great central
  20. F

stamp 2010

reminder: falls pool opens on the 16th at 12am. do not fish there on monday the 15th. you have been warned
Back