Search results

1. S

Bulkley in September

Looking at a Bulkley trip in september. Never been, so any and all info welcome (needed). Especially looking for a solid guide for a day or two. No matter what this will be a great trip.
  2. S

Great kid fishery in CR

There is a big school of perch holding around the pier right now, in the shallows. Not sure of the species. But they are big, for perch. About the size of a saucer. Very pretty too. Silver with vibrant blue stripes. Not shiners, possibly pile perch? At any rate, they tug pretty hard for...
  3. S

Victoria/Sooke Guides

Gentlemen, A friend asked me today who to charter with in the Vic/Sooke area. I have no idea, so I thought I'd post here. My buddy loves to fish, but he's boatless. He wants to get his cousin out later this month. Who do you guys recommend? Feel free to pm so as not to upset anyone. :)
  4. S

Looking for a kicker

Due to a regrettable act of stupidity, my kicker has come to rest in 400' of water off the south end of Quadra. So I need a new used kicker for my 17' whaler. The lost motor was a 20 year old 5 horse merc. I am looking for something like that --older but operational. If you've got something...
  5. S

Father's Day

Well, I'm spoiled. Got up this morning, and was handed a present. Socks in a Peetz box! Then I looked in the bag. New stainless Peetz mooching reel. Looks like a great product, with a nice loud clicker. Can't wait to test it out. I am a little surprised that the tension system is...
  6. S

90 HP Evinrude Ram Ficht

I recently picked up a 17' Whaler equipped with a 90 HP Evinrude Ram Ficht. I know the Fichts have had serious problems, but I'd like opinions and stories from your own experiences. Maybe some tips on how to avoid catastrophe (repowering is NOT an option :) ) I bought the package from...
  7. S

Trailer Parts in CR

Looking for info on where to buy trailer parts in CR. Thanks.
  8. S

Skeena Trip: Looking for advice --part II

I will be joining my frineds for a trip-of-a-lifeltime trip to the Skeena the first week of September. The encouragement sent my way trough my previous thread on this subject played a big part in making this decision. Thanks for helping me get my head straight guys. Now that I'm going, I...
  9. S

Skeena Trip: Looking for Views and Advice

I have the opportunity to join a couple of old frinds on a trip to the Skeena area this year. The first week of September would be spent jet-boating around the area, with base camp at Ferry Island.At first this sounds like a trip of a lifetime, not to be missed. But before I committ the time...
  10. S

Plea for ****!!!

So, I am the proud pops of a new'un. Which is the best. But, this means my steeler season is limited to maybe a day or two in March, plus too skunks in Dec. So, from one fisherman to another, please please please post some steel ****. Maybe a story to go with it? I promise, I'll do the same...
  11. S

Feb. 5, 2013

8 lbs 4 oz baby girl. Mum and baby doing great. Dad is beside himself. :)
  12. S

Happy Robbie Burns Day!!!

Keeping way too quiet this year... unlike most. I'll have a scotch this evening. But no feast or anything fun like that. Hopefully some of you live it up more than me!
  13. S

Stamp Report

Slow! We tried for an early start. Half way there, my partner realizes he forgot his wading boots. So we wait for the store to open at eight. Good bye early start, but no big deal. First stop: gun club. When we arrive, there is one other vehicle, and the young fella is just stringing...
  14. S

Shotgun info???

New hunter alert! I'm having fun out in the field every weekend with my nice new rifle. No meat yet, but I am more confident every time I go out. Now, I have the opportunity to hunt a big farm in MU1-6, just teeming with meat --nice to know the right people. Trouble is, it's in the shot/bow...
  15. S

WTB: Crib

Looking for a crib. In the CR area. Promise to raise a future fisherperson in it.
  16. S

Thanks Giving

Plenty to be thankful for this year, as there is most years. Great Spring on the river and Summer on the chuck. Great weather this Fall, even if it has interfered with my normal hobbies. Took my little boy to the river today and watched the salmon doing their thing. Not much action for the...
  17. S

Island Deer Rifle

Hi all, I am just brand new to hunting... and very enthusiastic. I think I'm decided on a deer rifle to buy. Probably bad move to buy it mid season, but I don't want to miss this season either. After much research and lots of conversations I have pretty much decided on a weatherby...
  18. S

Van Isl Lat Oct early Nov???

Hi all, A couple friends are thinking about coming out to the island in late October or early November. We had been planning a much earlier trip to the Kitimat area, but one of these guys had a very serious health scare that has set him back in his heels. Anyway, he will be recovered to...
  19. S

Malcolm Trip

Heading up to Malcolm today for a week of fun. Hopefully a lot of that fun is fishing. The forecast is iffy at best, but I'm sure I`ll get out. Anyone else up that way? If so, I'll keep an eye and ear open.
  20. S

Nootka Camping

A few of us are heading to Nootka from Aug. 14 to 18. We are looking for a nice place to camp that also offers moorage. We will be in tents. Never been there before, so we are looking for ideas.
Back