Search results

1. S

Tales From The Tyee Pool...........2016....

That sure is a beaute... err... boot. Had a blast Dave! Here's to another five years. I'll bring down some smoked boot later in the Fall. :)
  2. S

Tales From The Tyee Pool.......2015

It's a libel suit you should be worried about spreading nasty rumours like that! Thanks for taking me out tonight Dave. A late season skunking is exactly what I needed to transition from salmon season to deer season. A beautiful evening on the water. I always enjoy my time being rowed in the...
  3. S

Knuckle buster reels

For cheap try peets stainless. Better zzzzing than islanders. And it's like 5 for 1 pricing.
  4. S

Bulkley in September

Looking at a Bulkley trip in september. Never been, so any and all info welcome (needed). Especially looking for a solid guide for a day or two. No matter what this will be a great trip.
  5. S

Sand Lance Spoon

Santa dropped 6 of these inmy stocking. SWEET! Came with a wide selection of stickers (though no glow, which I would like). Soon after, we headed up to Malcolm, and I brought two spoons (a brass and a stainless), both dressed in uv tape. I haven't ever had any luck for winter fish up...
  6. S

Top 3 go to Beers?

I crew the Fat Tug as well. But I am currently enjoying an IPA i made at home. This is the first bottle of the first batch of homebrew ever. And it is very good. I am a yuppie beer snob, and I'd buy this. We called it the Fish Hook IPA because it was accidentally fermented with a fish...
  7. S

what did Santa bring this year?

Santa and co. got carried away at my place. Loot includes a second Peetz stainless reel, a bottle of good scotch, a Japanese water stone (I do my knives the old fashioned way), 6 Sitka needlefish spoons, a Masterbuilt digital smoker, and a neck tie and an apron both with lobsters on them (I...
  8. S

Top 3 Swivels?

For certain applications, a three-way just cant be beat.
  9. S

Aluminum mooching reels...if not Islander?

I had a 4000GT blow up last summer. This was a little disappointing because I really liked it. Never had a reel blow up before either. The spool just blew apart, and nit in combat either. I spent last summer fishing with one of the Peetz stainless reels. The verdict is in: I like it. Its...
  10. S

Great kid fishery in CR

Took a look this morning. Nada. Maybe the tide change will wash them back this afternoon.
  11. S

Great kid fishery in CR

Striped surfperch. http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/bottomfish/identification/perch/e_lateralis.html A little searching around tells me they are actually targeted as sport fish in Washington State.
  12. S

Great kid fishery in CR

There is a big school of perch holding around the pier right now, in the shallows. Not sure of the species. But they are big, for perch. About the size of a saucer. Very pretty too. Silver with vibrant blue stripes. Not shiners, possibly pile perch? At any rate, they tug pretty hard for...
  13. S

Campbell River Reports 2014

Lazo: there is room, you don't need to crowd the beach to fish effectively. But, even if you want to fish the beach, everyone is working pretty hard to cooperate. I picked up a painter's lodge hootchie on my cable. Worse for him then for me obviously, but once I noticed, just pulled the gear...
  14. S

went the wrong way in the morning, and found nothing but pinks. Moved over to Separation and got into big sockeye right away, including one freaking monster. Packed it in at 1, with 5 good sox in the tub. Whacked one pink and released 10 or so. No springs or hos. Lost a couple sockeye too...
  15. S

Victoria/Sooke Guides

Gentlemen, A friend asked me today who to charter with in the Vic/Sooke area. I have no idea, so I thought I'd post here. My buddy loves to fish, but he's boatless. He wants to get his cousin out later this month. Who do you guys recommend? Feel free to pm so as not to upset anyone. :)
  16. S

Cabelas Nanaimo

I met a kid a couple weeks back who got a job at the Nanaimo Cabelas. He says that they will have a dedicated salt section, catering to our local fisheries. Also said this would be the first store with a department truly focused on our local waters.
  17. S

There should be lots of pinks. They are jumping all over the place today.
  18. S

2014 Tuna Adventures

Heard some good intel this evening too. Harper, I have a hunch your bro was fishing with my budding. The intel, the description of your boat and your numbers all add up. Great job, both Harper and Nest. Been a long time now since I was out, but I can live very vicariously through you guys.
  19. S

Fished Browns this morning, on the BB side. Slow. One undersized spring and two or three grilse. Lots of small feed around. Tried briefly for a ling too. No love. A few pinks were around, but that wasn't our target.
  20. S

Hand painted teaser heads

I like it. I've got a billion clear heads that I never ever fish. Now I'll just save them till the kids get a bit older.
Back