Search results

1. C

Help Convincing My Wife

You will probably never convince your wife that a motorcycle is a good idea so you have to decide how much you want one and whether or not you can live with her being pissed at you. Lots of naysayers here who have never ridden a bike. Post the same questions on a biker forum if you want another...
  2. C

Want to move your shed-here is how

Many people with a common, well understood purpose, working together under trusted leadership to achieve that end. Could be a lesson to all of us.
  3. C

Tinny for sale

Thanks guys. Boat sold.
  4. C

Tinny for sale

Thanks for replies. Sorry about no pics. I'll post some today. Located in Campbell River. Never been in this boat so no idea about leaks.
  5. C

Tinny for sale

My neighbour has an old tinny for sale and asked me what a fair price would be. Since I have no idea, I'm asking for suggestions. It's a mid-80's 14' Mirrocraft with a Johnson 25hp Commercial 2 stroke on a trailer. Hasn't been used for a while but motor runs apparently. Any thoughts welcome...
  6. C

Orca’s chase fishing boat.

Look like a couple of kids (big kids!) at the water park. Having a great time surfing the wake.
  7. C

Towing Trucks

An additive is a good idea. Did the previous owner use one? I use Motorcraft PM-22 specifically for the lubrication properties (fuel pump).
  8. C

Cougar Alert On The Tyee Spit...

Saw this today and it is amazingly well done. Kudos to the artist!
  9. C

Towing Trucks

DEF - Diesel Exhaust Fluid, used in pretty much every diesel engine in North America, is really a non-issue. A tank of DEF will last something like 5000km in normal driving and takes a few minutes to top up when it needs it. Most dealers just fill it when you get your oil changed. No big hairy...
  10. C

Towing Trucks

Ford is back in the big block gasser game with their new 7.3l (445ci) pushrod V8. Sounds interesting for those who want a heavy hauler but not diesel.
  11. C

Towing Trucks

Diesel fuel is $0.20/l cheaper here plus I get 24mpg driving my F350 6.7 on a daily basis. Lot of folks who don't like diesel trucks have never driven one much less owned one.
  12. C

Low Maintenance 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton Trucks

I replaced my 14 year old GMC 2500HD 8.1/Allison, which was a fantastic truck (if GM had kept the big block gasser in their lineup I would have bought another one) with a new 2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7 diesel and couldn't be happier with the truck. Powerfull, quiet and clean. Not a single issue or...
  13. C

Truck for sale - F350

Anyone interested in a truck to pull a heavy boat, rv or work trailer? Check this out: https://comoxvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/campbell-river-2015-ford-f350-super/6863219155.html
  14. C

Fresh Start to the day today.

Lived in Alberta for 30+ years and it wasn't the cold that got me, it was how long it lasted. Too much winter. Love living on the coast and could never go back.
  15. C

Doggy Question - Help me teach Piper

Boy or girl dog? Second the astro turf idea.
  16. C

This is frightening

Doubt that this new law will stand up to a court challenge, which will happen soon, I warrant.
  17. C

Campion boats company sold

Had a 542 for a few years and thought it was a pretty decent boat. Hope the new owners don't screw it up.
  18. C

Electoral Reform Referendum

Talked to my neighbours the other day about this referendum and they said they pitched it in the recycle bin. "Too complicated" was the reason.
  19. C

I see no way that PR will make my life better. Why is it worth it?
  20. C

I tried to keep this decision as simple as possible. PR increases the complexity of government, from my perspective and any increase in complexity is counter productive. I voted NO.
Back