Search results

1. R

More Electrical Questions :)

Here is an interesting article on the use of silicone dielectric grease and why grease in general is recommended to preserve an electrical connection. https://www.w8ji.com/dielectric_grease_vs_conductive_grease.htm One of the nice thing about the silicone grease is clear and not to messy I have...
  2. R

Coating cannonballs yourself?

The best stuff I have used was a two part Urethane Devcon Flexane 80 but it is very expensive but I got some expired product that was getting trashed. I also have used some crappy Tire Rubberized Rockerguard which worked ok . The application of both products was pretty messy with the hanging...
  3. R

Rewiring questions

Blue Sea's website has a lot of articles on wiring your boat. The chart in this link http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/newsletter/images/DC_wire_selection_chartlg.jpg is good for selecting your wire size for your load. Then you can select the breaker or fuse to protect the wire and...
  4. R

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

During the hey day of herring fishing a friend of my Dad had just got off his boat in Van and walked into the Jaguar show room unshaven and still in his fishing clothes. He started to look at the cars when the first salesman asked him what he was doing there he replied looking for a car and the...
  5. R

Lucky Lager

Labatt's gave out this poster about 20 years ago at the Empire days celebrations as Cumberland drank more Lucky per Capita than an other town in BC.
  6. R

Switching Trophy xl to islander springs?

I made a thicker washer that sits on top of the spring to give it some preload to prevent it from free wheeling into a birds nest and I have also heard that some guys have stretched out the existing spring to give it some preload
  7. R

2023 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Its is like that all the way up to Beale where it meets the normal darker blue water and the water temp goes from 52-54 deg to 62-64 deg in the torquise water
  8. R

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Thanks S Thanks Squire, I had read all of 123 was closed but missed the surfline rule - I stand corrected
  9. R

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

For those who may not know Area 123-1 Beale to Pachena Point is Non-Retention for springs until July 14😎
  10. R

Wiring help!

The easiest way may be to pull out the fuel line to give you some room to pull in the cable with the connector on it. When you pull out the fuel line tape on a couple of pull strings to use for the cable an fuel line install
  11. R

Anyone selling a used Islander TR3? New like condition preferred

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1228229564400337/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A281afd48-3bd5-4e10-b1b4-1695d4179000 Located in View Royal two blue TR3s for $1600
  12. R

Anyone selling a used Islander TR3? New like condition preferred

I have made thicker washers for my trophy reels to increase the spring tension when the drag is backed off to prevent the dreaded birds nest so maybe thinner washers or shortening the drag spring on the TR3 with decrease the drag when the tension is backed all the way off. I have used my friends...
  13. R

2022 Sooke Reports

From Transport Canada: Meeting or Head-On Situation in Sight of One Another If a power-driven vessel approaches your power-driven vessel head-on or nearly head-on, where there is a possible risk of collision, you should alter your course to starboard so that the other vessel will pass on your...
  14. R

Tuna Tuna For Sale Tsehum Harbour Sidney

First of the year flash frozen Tuna for sale off the commercial Troller MV Contessa at Tsehum Harbour at the commercial docks (foot of Dock C) Sunday Sept 4 and Monday Sept 5 dawn until dusk $5/lb. Tsehum Harbour, 10441 Resthaven Drive, Sidney (250-886-9320)
  15. R

Lets see your best Friend

My guy preferred fishing from shore
  16. R

Engines,props, and wide open throttle

Lots of good threads on this site if you search for "prop selection" information includes: - making sure the leg height is correct - pitch change vs rpm (about 200rpm/ deg of pitch) - 3 blade vs 4 blade - and differences between prop models Not an exact science but the best results are found by...
  17. R

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Changed their name to "Wind Is Good"
  18. R

Replacing my fuel tank - what things to adjust?

May want to consider getting an another bung welded in the front of the tank for a vent as some boats are hard to fuel up in the water with the stern down and the vent by the filler in the stern of the tank.
  19. R

wanted: awesome binoculars for my boat

I find the 10x50 a little hard to hold steady. The Canon 8x50 binos we used to have had great optics the only complaint I had with them is that they didn't float.
Back