Search results

1. Fritz

Thinking about a custom belly fuel tank

I made new tanks for my boat and phoned TC and they directed me to a document. The document you seek is TP 1332 which is a free PDF on the TC website. When I told my surveyor I made new tanks his eyes rolled but when I showed him the receipts for the material, the pictures and that the tanks...
  2. Fritz

Rigging question

That is how I read it as well, that was what my marine surveyor also wanted to see as well as the clamp thickness. There’s a published table that’s easy to find.
  3. Fritz

Rigging question

Once again you go on with your logic and reason again ship! You make an even better referee lolz. Night
  4. Fritz

Rigging question

You don’t have to agree with me, nor was I asking you to? I don’t tell people what to do. You can get qaulity hose clamps that are not the North American breeze garbage. Have fun with your pile of oetiker clamps. Seriously, do whatever you want. Also, ABYC is a list of recommendations not...
  5. Fritz

Rigging question

I have saddle tanks in my boat and I’m not going to get into quoting TC or ABYC scripture because I implore people to do it themselves, I believe you either have or should have fuel tank shut offs at the tank that should be accessible. If I forget to close these valves on my boat the vertical...
  6. Fritz

Rigging question

That’s a really good point, that photo was taken during the vid and I couldn’t get the aluminum Raycor ones. I also bought a Raycor aluminum fitting with a shut off for the kicker in case my primer bulb failed. Brass can definitely cause problems
  7. Fritz

Rigging question

Again, it’s what I like. The 316 SS clamps are awesome. Oetiker clamps are great until you have to take them off and I find the sizing annoying. As far as the width is concerned I still prefer it. They are better lamps in my opinion
  8. Fritz

Rigging question

Nice clean looking job dude, This is just an industry standard practice that when you can, you try your best to keep electrical terminals and switches above fuel lines when doing runs. As mentioned, if you have fuel vapours back there then you have bigger problems. As far as clamps on the fuel...
  9. Fritz

Dead Motor Disposal - GONE

I did that with a Suzuki with a $20 taped to cowl and still nobody would take it!?!? ;)
  10. Fritz

Project left overs (23 Hourston)

Nice to see things moving along, Winter is the best time to work on boats and the worst time to do composites unfortunately. Looks great 👍
  11. Fritz

Fuel schematic/design help

So some other questions: -Have you made absolutely sure you have zero fuel leaks, including running the engine with the cowl off? -Do you know what your fuel pressure is? -When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? -When was the last time your Racor was changed? -What does your owners...
  12. Fritz

Fuel schematic/design help

Some outboards specifically tell you not to use a primer bulb. My engine has a fuel supply module with 2 fuel pumps inside. I think the issue was bulb collapse damaging the lift pump. I do what the owners manual says and if it says use a bulb then I do.
  13. Fritz

1977 Hourston 18.2

That’s also the easiest way in my opinion to take the glass off is with the hardtop. It’s such a dangerous floppy mess to pull the windshield off without it.
  14. Fritz

1977 Hourston 18.2

I have a post called “Hourston pain in the glass” that has glass disassembly. Be very very careful not to bust the plastic. There are things like plastic packing tubes in the lower section of the felt lined tracks you need to get out first. The glass should drop down enough after that to...
  15. Fritz

Seasport 22 the conversion

Yesss! Become an industrial spy! R&D takes way too much time.
  16. Fritz

2 Hourston folding seats $100

Two Hourston folding seats, not wet, not rotten and stored indoors. The original vinyl is definitely tired though. I was planning on upholstering these seats and changed direction by removing my galley entirely. They’re good seats.
  17. Fritz

Trailer Bolt Replacement

I just put in a stack of grievances in about your touching wrenches! Shouldn’t you stick to putting gutters and dryer ducting in gender neutral bathrooms? Take it from a real blog reader! Titanium bolt + copper washers + wasp alloy castle nuts + bronze cotter pins = Your gear on the cover of...
  18. Fritz

Best EVA foam deck covering for DIY

Hey Ray, I experimented with a section of the eva faux teak and it’s not bad (I can’t vouch for longevity) but the factory adhesive backing is terrible! There is some online information where people are using outdoor carpet glue, the nasty yellow stinky neoprene stuff with decent results. If you...
  19. Fritz

1977 Hourston 18.2

My roof and glass on the 20’ was approximately 200lbs with headliner, glass, wiring and the top racks etc. also if you look at the weights on that Hourston brochure the weight between a soft top boat and hard top boat is 100lbs. I never removed my topsides because I did not have a motorwell to...
Back