Search results

1. M

Okanagan sockeye 2022

Does anyone have any advice for where to launch a kayak? It’s quite heavy, so I’d need to park within about 100m of the water and pull with my wheeled cart. I remember looking at the campground on the north end a few years back but the road down to it had been roped off. It’s a long paddle up...
  2. M

Osoyoos Lake Sockeye 2020

Well we had tons of fun but landed none. Took most of the morning to figure out depth and pattern using dipsy divers on a speedboat with no depth/sonar (gotta work with what you’ve got), but then we had 5 on the line between 11 and 12. By the time I realized a snubber would have been smart, we...
  3. M

Thanks, I didn’t realize but they must have added “or stamp” since the last time I checked.
  4. M

Can anyone confirm with me the rules regarding kids keeping salmon? I have a 6yo boy who will be fishing with me; does his catch count toward my limit, or is it similar to freshwater regs where he has his own limit? Would be nice if CO/DFO had a number I could call to ask this (aside from...
  5. M

I didn’t realize these were lake-spawners, I thought they mainly spawned in the channel these days, or some in the river north of Oliver. But honestly it shouldn’t matter if they are caught in Osoyoos Lake, the River, or Skaha. You’re still removing a fish and reducing the number that end up...
  6. M

Is there any particular reason why there’s no river fishing? Or why there’s no opening on Skaha?
Back