Search results

1. J

RANT: SFAB meeing Wednesday Mar 21 7pm (Victoria)

The meeting is at the Sheraton FourPoints Hotel in langford I hope everyone attends (this is the same hotel as the hali seminar right?) I remember the last time there was a meeting towards the end of 2011 there was also a Cancucks Vrs. Chicago game the same night. Turn out was poor and I am...
  2. J

Great Cartoon In Local Esquimalt Paper

I used to think the local news review was a waste of time, until I came across this.
  3. J

Some poeple speak to hear themselves talk... but holmes

Some poeple speak to hear themselves talk... but holmes posts to hear himself type. Holmes pal ol buddy good friend you need to get yourself out of the boonies. This is a little pathetic you have the last post in 50% of the threads on the general forum and I have proof! You must be a...
  4. J

What do you eat with your salmon?

As a family we have been trying to eat salmon twice a week because it is healthy and our freezer is full of it. Not to mention the more we eat the better excuse I have for additional fishing trips. Anyways the salmon dinners are getting a little stale we usually have salmon with rice, we also...
  5. J

Salmon with Fetta and Pesto

Quick, Simple, and Delicious recipe for any salmon. Prepare fillets or steaks for grilling (I like to leave the skin on and give them a quick rinse). Slather pesto over the top of the salmon flesh. My favorite is the green pesto but you can get red pepper and maybe some others as well...
  6. J

Scotty Electrics - To Plug or not to plug

My electric downriggers are currently hard wired to the battery (with a fuse of course) so they do not have the scotty plugs. I have been thinking about installing plugs because it is nice to be able to take the downriggers off when halibut fishing or leaving the boat outside un attended for...
  7. J

Trailer Tongue Jack Pin Replacement

I bent the pin on my trailer tongue jack the other day, has anyone succesfully replaced one of these? The pin is the part that locks into place so you can swivel the jack up and down. I asked at tro tac and sherwood marine and both told me to just buy a new jack. Simple enough but if I can just...
  8. J

Yamaha 8hp kicker won't stay locked up

I have an issue with my kicker motor. When I am motoring in rougher water my kicker will drop down after a few bumps. Basically it doesn't lock into position properly and if the boat bounces there is a good chance the kicker will lift up and then drop down to the next tilt slot. Another...
  9. J

18" Sangster, 75HP Mariner and 10HP Johnson

Looks like a great deal. Solid boat with good power, ready to fish tomorrow. http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/10490661
  10. J

Cod near victoria?

Is there anywhere you can jig up some decent cod around the victoria area? I have never tried. How is the cod at Sooke?
  11. J

Any action outisde of the Big or Little Q river?

I am wondering if there are still fish being caught outside of Qaulicum river or have they all gone up it? If so how is the river fishing? I am thinking about going up there for a weekend. Maybe fish the beach infront of the Q if it isn't too late, if it is maybe the stamp or just spider/horne...
  12. J

Pinks on Van Isle

I have a few general questions about pink fishing 1 - I know the pinks only go down the west coast of the island (sooke) on odd numbered years. My question is can you catch them all over the sooke area or are the just out in the shipping lanes? Anytime I have fished for them we have gone way...
  13. J

Coho gear

Whats the best gear for coho's? Flashers? Leader Length? Lures? Colors? etc. Thanks for any and all info.
  14. J

Winter Lake Fishing

I am just wondering how winter lake fishing is. Most of the little articles I read talk about great trout fishing from May through October with the summer heat being a bit slower. Where do the fish go November through Feburary? Does the water get too cold for them? Or is there just not as...
  15. J

Need 2nd for Port Renfre Derby (Sep 2 and 3)

I have a pair of tickets for the derby in port renfrew this coming weekend. (Sep 2 and 3). However my buddy (with the boat) is no longer able to go. Hopeing to find somebody with a spare weekend and a boat who wants to go catch a big fish for a big prize. Gas + Campsite etc. will be split...
  16. J

Need 2nd for Port Renfrew Derby (Sep 2 and 3)

I have a pair of tickets for the derby in port renfrew this coming weekend. (Sep 2 and 3). However my buddy (with the boat) is no longer able to go. Hopeing to find somebody with a spare weekend and a boat who wants to go catch a big fish for a big prize. Gas + Campsite etc. will be split...
Back