Search results

1. InterMechanico

Will it work or will it kill me?

I have a 1987 Hourston 18.5 hard top/bulkhead boat. It is a commercial hull, and It has a volvo aq211a sterndrive (215hp) at present. I would like to pod it, and I have a low hour yamaha F250 outboard. The weight of the outboard is 608 lbs or so. I'm not a reckless operator, but I also try not...
  2. InterMechanico

Improvement with EcoEnertia 17p over current?

I decided to measure my prop slip today. Here's what I found. I've been considering trying a 3 blade EcoEnertia 17p. Should I expect any improvement in efficiency based on my current numbers? I am slightly overpropped at the moment, which is why I'm considering a new prop. Normal WOT range...
  3. InterMechanico

Re-wiring 18.2 Hourston Hardtop

Good morning, Everyone. I'm wondering if anyone can chime in on their experience with updating the wiring and electrical on an older boat. I have a good understanding of DC electrical systems, and a lot of experience diagnosing and repairing them as well. I'm just looking for others'...
  4. InterMechanico

Marine growth on a transducer - Solutions?

Hey everyone. I have a pretty good amount of growth on my sonar transducer. It is a Garmin unit, the type that hands off the stern at the base of the hull. Is it possible to use any kind of antifouling paint to reduce growth, or is it just something that needs to be cleaned manually every so...
  5. InterMechanico

17ft Hourston Hardtop

Some reverse tire kicking here... Is there any interest on here for a 1984 Hourston 17 ft hardtop? The boat is quite clean, but needs a bunch of work. I bought it before I bought the Gambier (this is obviously WHY I bought the Gambier). -The transom, stringers and floor require replacement...
  6. InterMechanico

New To Fishing- Need Help Choosing Some Gear

Hi everyone. My name is Julian. Good to meet all of you. I'd like some help choosing some basic gear to do a little fishing here and there. I regularly travel from Reed Point marina to South Thormanby by boat. I was thinking that it would be fun to do a little fishing enroute sometimes, as...
Back