Search results

1. WoollyBugger

2020 OKANAGAN LAKE FISHING THREAD

I see Rod H. continues to pull hogs out of OK Lake these days. Not sure what depths he's finding them at. I've tried a couple times but nothing (5am-10am).
  2. WoollyBugger

Suggestions / help on new boat.

I think if that is in your budget you won't have any problems finding a nice and capable boat.
  3. WoollyBugger

Underwater Rainbow Trout Feeding Behaviour on Aquatic Insects

From my experience rainbow don't school up in med/large lakes but are opportunistic. Kamloops Trout also seem more pelagic than some other strains. I believe they start eating Kokanee when they are 12" and eventually makes up 70% of their diet. Like you said if you can mark bait fish you're...
  4. WoollyBugger

Suggestions / help on new boat.

I'm having the same discussions with the boss. Except we're looking for a welded aluminum mainly for lakes (OK, Shu, Koot in particular). 90% of the time will not have more than 3 people in the boat. The Sea Runner 190 ET HT was near the top of my list. Seems like they are a good $10k cheaper...
  5. WoollyBugger

Underwater Rainbow Trout Feeding Behaviour on Aquatic Insects

Can you do the same in a big oligotrophic lake for us? lol. Maybe trade in the snorkel for a scuba!
  6. WoollyBugger

Big Kokanee Kalamalk Lake

Kal was high 50's when I was there. Wood was pushing 62 if I remember correctly.
  7. WoollyBugger

Any fishing reports for OK Lake lately? Surface temps in the 60s so I imagine still possible to catch on top if early and right conditions, but will likely start slowing down?
  8. WoollyBugger

Exactly. Things should be getting pretty good about now and into August. Fun when they are stacked, bit tougher when they are scattered and the surface temps are still in the 50-60 range.
  9. WoollyBugger

Was able to squeeze under the bridge. Caught a couple on Kal before moving back to Wood for a few more, but the Kal kokes weren't giants. Next time!
  10. WoollyBugger

Nice work. Was actually heading out to Kal tomorrow for first time. See if I can’t catch a couple big Kokanee.
  11. WoollyBugger

Anyone have luck with spoons on OK Lake? Can’t get much action on them myself....coho killers, skinny g, razorback, etc...with dodger/flasher or no?
  12. WoollyBugger

Got out early today. 3 to boat, couple in 17-18” range and one smaller guy. Lyman “Hat” Trixie ;). Flatline and down to 40’. Not monsters but looked healthy. Released them all. Not a bad morning on moody OK Lake!
  13. WoollyBugger

Couple hours spent on Friday evening. Caught Saturday's breakfast on surface w/ bucktail, 17". Full of black ants.
Back