Search results

1. Sailfish25

Auto PFDs

The sad kayaker story in Victoria last few days finally provoked me to order a PLB. Went with this one: https://www.gpscentral.ca/product/acr-resqlink-ais-personal-locator-beacon/ It folds right into the auto inflating PFD and automatically activates once PFD is inflated. A bit of a procedure...
  2. Sailfish25

Galiano Moorage?

I know there is the government dock on Montague that allows overnight moorage. Space would be limited so not sure what time of year you plan to go.
  3. Sailfish25

3 x Amundson Blue/gold TMX-5's Sold

I had to bow out. I neglected to realize that TMX5s do not have a drag on/off switch. It's second nature for me to turn off drag and keep thumb on the reel as I descend, so had to pass. They do look great though, and a fantastic deal for someone.
  4. Sailfish25

Victoria - Charter Recommendations for Hosting Clients

For sure, aware of that. Don't necessarily need retention. Obviously preferred, but good weather and good fishing is more important than retention. I'll be fishing out of my boat without clients come September...
  5. Sailfish25

Victoria - Charter Recommendations for Hosting Clients

Hi guys, I'm looking for recommendations for fishing charters out of Victoria this summer. I'm trying to arrange 2 or 3 separate one-day outings where I can take a group of 3 or 4 clients. Any recommendations for a charter that has a nicer boat, tidy overall, appropriate for guests who are...
  6. Sailfish25

3 x Amundson Blue/gold TMX-5's Sold

I am interested in the 3 gold. Will send PM.
  7. Sailfish25

Vevor Diesel Heater Controller

I just ordered the same from Amazon for my Vevor. When ordering I saw this on the description. Have you tried contacting the seller? There are hidden configuration menus with these heaters, sometimes it just take a special sequence of pressing the buttons to access them. I wouldn’t rule out the...
  8. Sailfish25

FS: Twin 200hp Mercury Optimax with Controls

And one more video of them running
  9. Sailfish25

https://youtube.com/watch/2qzhOR0bQUU?feature=shared A video of the engines at idle
  10. Sailfish25

Picked up some lease return Verados 200HP from Bridgeview Marine. They are a 4 cylinder so relatively light, and supercharger makes them torquey… so a pretty good replacement for lightweight Opti 2-strokes with a lot of torque. Looking forward to the fly by wire controls, that’s a new experience...
  11. Sailfish25

Short video of them running on my last trip out this season.
  12. Sailfish25

Hi guys, I’m selling a pair of 2001 200HP Mercury Optimax 2-stroke outboards and all rigging (excluding props). Asking $5,000 OBO for everything. Bunch of extras included, more details below. These engines run real nice, super punchy and lightweight for their horsepower/size. Great for a...
  13. Sailfish25

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Those Opti’s could have a lot of life left in them. My parts engine is a 2005 200HP Opti that I got from Prince of Whales whale watching when they re-powered with 4-strokes. It had 2,600 hours when it was taken off and was still running well:
  14. Sailfish25

More Stuff For Sale

I will take the tablet holder please - will send PM.
  15. Sailfish25

Best place to buy alternators?

Thanks guys. I bought one on Amazon Prime for $144. I’m going to install it when gets here in 3 days… and take the old one to an alternator shop for rebuild. Dealer prices have become so disconnected from reality that I suspect more people are going to be looking for alternatives for all parts.
  16. Sailfish25

Best place to buy alternators?

Hey guys - I’m looking to buy an alternator for a 2001 mercury Optimax 200hp. Mercury dealer prices are silly. Any recommendations for aftermarket alternators? Either South Island or online options with fast shipping? Thanks for help.
  17. Sailfish25

Boat interior flooring options

All this sticky stuff comes off no problem when heated up with a blow dryer. Way easier than removing painted on stuff. On my previous boat I would apply Traction Wax to the non-skid to help keep it clean and a bit tacky.
  18. Sailfish25

lol didn’t mean to be a an a**. I meant to stress the fact they are removable so you can flip them haha
  19. Sailfish25

Yes, just go super OCD degreasing and cleaning with acetone before applying. There is no way this stuff is going to move around on its own. Especially since your are constantly walking over it compressing it.
  20. Sailfish25

The circles are removable inspection ports. I just stuck the foam on, flipped them over and cut along the edge of them. The other curves and angles, just take it slow. Use random objects as a cutting guide when needed. The trick to getting clean cuts is using an exacto knife, and changing the...
Back