Search results

1. MikePA

Grady Gas tank cover screws

Is it normal to not have any sealant on these screws that screw in the hatches that cover the gas tanks? Seems like a logical place to not have water intrusion?
  2. MikePA

Thoughts and tips of bringing a Grady 232 up from states

After some thought and deliberation, I think the 232 is the boat I want to go with. There's nothing for sale up here and even with the exchange, the prices down south, especially in Florida seem appealing. Any thoughts on this or tips?
  3. MikePA

2017 542 pricing thoughts

I'm considering selling my 2017 542 and moving up to a bigger boat. The market has shifted and I'm curious on people's thoughts on what it might currently be worth. Here is some info below. -Overall excellent condition, no rips, stains, dings. -Yamaha F150 with 190hrs -Yamaha 9.9 not sure on...
  4. MikePA

Campion 542 pricing

I'm considering selling my 2017 542 and moving up to a bigger boat. The market has shifted and I'm curious on people's thoughts on what it might currently be worth. Here is some info below. -Overall excellent condition, no rips, stains, dings. - Yamaha F150 with 190hrs -Yamaha 9.9 not sure on...
  5. MikePA

Slack in throttle control

Could anyone give me an idea on how to adjust the setting on a Yamaha 703 throttle control unit? When I put the boat in gear and move the throttle forward if I want to back off the throttle, there's about half an inch of play before it will decrease the RPMs (slack is all in the control unit...
  6. MikePA

Shoot through hull transducer mounting help

I just can't get my transducer level right on the transom to read at any sort of speed/not kick up a ton of water so I have decided to buy a second transducer to act as a shoot through hull to keep a bottom read at speed. I bought a AI 3 in 1 transducer (I know it's not made for this purpose)...
  7. MikePA

Surge brake lock out

Is there a way to lock out the actuator in the coupler so that it doesn't slide back and forth. I removed my disc brakes and it still slides back and forth which makes the stopping and starting a bit rougher than it could be. Or should I just buy a new coupler?
  8. MikePA

WTB Solas hr3 17p prop

The hunt for the right prop continues. I've been recommended this prop by someone who knows their stuff with props. If anyone has one please let me know.
  9. MikePA

Carbontex drag washers for Shimano 4000/2000gt

2x carbontex drag washers, never used. In ordered the wrong ones. $14.
  10. MikePA

HDS live questions/help

I tried out my new unit today for the first time and have a couple questions. Firstly, when the engine was off, I could hear a clicking sound coming from the display unit, I hit the stop sonar button and it stopped. Is this normal? I looked on some other pages and some people say it's normal...
  11. MikePA

Wiring help!

I'm installing a nmea 2000 interface between my 2017 Yamaha outboard and Lowrance plotter. I have no clue how I'm going to get the nmea cable through the harness and plastic tube from the outboard into the boat, it's so tight in there already? Any tips? Also I just called Parker marine to...
  12. MikePA

SOLD- 14 Mac's squid plugs for sale

14 plugs. No clue what they are worth. Open to offers. In Nanaimo.
  13. MikePA

Hds live 7 or hds carbon 9?

I don't want to spend more than ~$1500.. which would you pick.. newer and smaller or older and bigger. From what I've researched the processing speed is similar, screen is the same other than size. I'll be using it just for sonar as I use a mounted tablet for charts. Thanks for any opinions.
  14. MikePA

ISO 4 blade Yamaha prop

I'm wanting to get a better hole shot on my 150 Yamaha on my 542. Anyone have one of these kicking around? I'm in Nanaimo.
  15. MikePA

Lexan windscreen

I'm having a new front window/windscreen made for my Campion 542 out of lexan to replace the existing vinyl one that is getting hard to see out of after some improper storage and abuse. Any tips/recommendations I should request from the builder?
  16. MikePA

DIY glow box

I live in Nanaimo so am usually fishing deep.. I got tired of standing there with my flashlight charging up my lures and flashers.. bought a plastic case off Amazon, USB LED light light strip and a mirror and made a glow box. Look forward to using it this summer.
  17. MikePA

Reading bottom underway

Any tips on how to dial in the sonar transducer to read bottom while underway.. doesn't have to be too fast.. hoping for 7-10km/hr (seems ok at 3-5km/hr) while looking for a place to drop my traps. Everytime I do this now I lose bottom. I've got a crappy Lowrance hook 7 with the transducer that...
  18. MikePA

Engine height help

Curious if you guys have insights into making my hole shot better.. compared to other campion 542's I have seen get on plane.. mine seems a little slow (4-5 seconds).. once on plane, cruises at 30mph at 4000 rpm, 48mph at WOT, ~6000rpm. It's a Yamaha 150. My prop is an aluminum 14 x 19. I tried...
  19. MikePA

Getting engine data

I have a 2017 Yamaha 150, the boat came with analogue gauges for basic info.. rpm, speed, battery. Id really like to be able to see fuel consumption, engine temp.. water pressure if possible.. is there a good resource about how to rig this up and what equipment is required?
Back