Search results

1. T

The Hill to Die On - by Bob Hooton

That's a positive way of looking at it for sure. Personally I still think that the more organizations on board with such an issue, the better. I'm being REALLY idealistic and I'm just wishing out loud here but I think a best case scenario would be an exhaustive list of all ENGO's relevant to...
  2. T

The Hill to Die On - by Bob Hooton

I'm not knowledgeable about the groups on the list in terms of their mission statements, philosophies or whatever else, but the plight of IFS seems to be a bipartisan issue if you ask me. I also think that the more groups on board with a letter such as that, the better. Not trying to be toxic...
  3. T

Port alberni Inlet massacre

Ahh fair enough, theres been a lot of talk about salt and freshwater sporties in this thread and I tend to associate sport fishing with river fishing as I am a #noboat river bum. Do people even catch steelhead when sportfishing on the saltwater? (Im sure it happens but it must be RARE)
  4. T

Port alberni Inlet massacre

I've gotten 2 this year. Many more if you count smolts. I wonder how many smolts get their heads nearly ripped off when they try to grab natural and artificial egg presentations from guys that use big gnarly 3/0 hooks. Def saw a fair share of dead moldy smolts washing up on the gravel bar at...
  5. T

Three-million-pounds-of-flash-frozen-delicious-prawns-sittin in freezers

That shouldn't even be legal. 70% of BC in general seems to be owned by foreign entities at this point. Enough is enough.
  6. T

Vedder River

Read into it man, here's the fisheries notice: https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=235674&ID=all
  7. T

At least this particular topic doesn't need to go down a race related path, and it seems so far that there is a general consensus among forum members.
  8. T

Despite my general unwillingness to support commercial fisheries, I don't have a boat or prawn gear and as a human I naturally incline to seize opportunities, thus I whole heartedly agree with you.
  9. T

It hurts my brain reading this after you were so staunchly advocating for commercial fisheries not too long ago, but I like where you're going with this...
  10. T

gold river

Good read. Sad and disheartening, but good nonetheless. One thing I will say is that seems more fitting for the conservation/politics/management board though.
  11. T

Fishing South Island rivers and lakes

The Stamp and the Somass are getting pretty high at this point, basically only jet boats and drift boats on there now. That being said, if you can find a safe place to wade out to where the fish are, you'll be glad you brought the pin. It's still pretty good for Chinook (got 2, almost dime...
  12. T

Braid

Hahaha, Sounds like you made the old mistake of cheaping out in favour of spiderwire...
  13. T

Smoke

Hopefully all this smoke will create an Albedo Effect and promote some cloud nucleation. I was jumping for joy when we got a little bit of rain here in Nanaimo yesterday.
  14. T

Guy Selling Crab on Craigslist

Did you screencapture the posting? He nuked it pretty quick in an attempt to cover his butt... Hopefully they nail the stupid pr-ck
  15. T

Since Time Immemorial, by Bob Hooton

Source? I'm not calling bullsh-- on you, but sources really help.
  16. T

From what I've seen it looks like a substantial amount nation member treated their FSC catch as personal economic opportunities which is a damn shame, but I suppose it's their right to do so. I used to be a ****** fish poacher, hustling fish right at Cap River myself in my younger years. Not...
  17. T

Enlighten us then... It's f--kin hard to find the data out there, but everything that I've seen posted (albeit I haven't seen much SOURCE material since late August) over the past few weeks strongly indicates that both the Tseshaht Nation and the commercial gillnet fleets have went way over...
  18. T

That really seemed like a rhetorical question in which you were implying there's an obvious answer. I wasn't actually offended, I'm just blunt and autistic. Forgive me if I seem ignorant to the topic of commercial fisheries. I actually do try to look into it on my free time, but a lot of the...
  19. T

I wouldn't know, do they? Post your proof if you have it, rhetorical questions don't really build on the conversation in any meaningful way and I'm certainly not inclined to spend my time looking for sources for you...
  20. T

South Island Lakes 2020

Thanks! I thought it was a lunker by LL standards as well, and extra special being a native trout opposed to a generic old Fraser Valley.. Don't get me wrong though, I'd be stoked on a 17 inch hatchery fish too. Another report is incoming from the last night I said was going out... Just been a...
Back