Search results

1. Baxter

More Electrical Questions :)

Thanks for the feedback earlier regarding my questions related to a fuse block. I have ordered a Blue Sea fuse block to replace my inline fuses and to replace a positive bus bar. Just a couple questions. Along with my order I added Dielectric Grease. I have never used this before. My...
  2. Baxter

Fuse Holder Position

Recently I had an issue traced down to a fuse holder buried in the transom (was at the very back where the wires all go through that pass-through - since moved). I replaced the fuse holder and fuse and problems were solved. There are two other inline fuses here, both for the Scotties. There is...
  3. Baxter

Adding a Power Socket / Port Plug

Not exactly sure what these are called (Power socket? Port Plug?) I have seen a few different names. Anyways, I have a Guest Charger on the boat. When I get home I always plug the boat in, and let the charger maintain the batteries. Was the first 'upgrade' I did to the boat after I bought it...
  4. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

I am at my wits end. I am about to give up - Parker Marine is closed till January, so boat goes in then unless someone here has a good idea! Having some electrical issues with my kingfisher 1825 (2020) Issue is intermittent power to things connected up at the helm, most through the ACC switch...
  5. Baxter

Opinions on Lighting

I rarely boat in the dark. A few times when launching super early, and a few times when time got away from me and I had to head back after sunset. But I have been thinking for some time about adding some spot or flood lights to the boat. Lighting seems to range in price from very cheap to...
  6. Baxter

Replacing Boat Plug

Tried seraching, if it is discussed I can't find where, so asking. How often (if ever) do you replace your plug? I bought my boat in 2020, and use the same plug. I have a brand new one in the boats glove box as a spare. But curious, do you replace your plug ever? often? yearly? I thought that...
  7. Baxter

Canvas Snap Tool

I have a couple broken snaps on my canvas roof (just the part that goes through the canvas is broken). Going to buy the tool and fix this up soon, but wondering if anyone can recommend an inexpensive tool to purchase? I was going to just order one from Amazon (perhaps the one in the link below)...
  8. Baxter

Looking for a Levelwind

Looking for a level wind reel for ling fishing. Was out last week for the first time this year and discovered that over the winter my one reel decided it was done. I got it free a few years ago, and not sure it is worth trying to fix. Will take it apart and investigate, but the drag seems toast...
  9. Baxter

Prop Painting

I had an oops last year. Grazed some mud and “sanded” my prop blades. (Pic below). So I picked up some prop paint and primer and am fixing my oops. Questions Question is, should I also clear coat it? Or is paint and primer enough? I suspect I will have to paint annually, but that’s okay...
  10. Baxter

Any tips for Comox lake?

Never tried fishing in Comox Lake. Want to give the boat a good freshwater bath so thinking of giving it a shot. Any suggestions or tips?
  11. Baxter

Best trolling rod…

Best or favourite trolling rod for under $200…. Go!
  12. Baxter

Another wiring question...

I was investigating my boat wiring further, and realized something seemed amiss... Photo of switch below. The positive feed from the kicker is tied to battery 1, rather than the "1+2" spot... this seems wrong. From what I can tell it is still working correctly though. If the switch is turned...
  13. Baxter

Wiring Advice

I realize with 12V systems there are a million different ways to do things, more than one right answer. But I want to ask a question, and get some advice on how you guys have your boats wired, specifically when it comes to accessories. I have posted a pic below, apologies if it is confusing :)...
  14. Baxter

Scotty Downrigger issue.

Having an issue with my brake. Going to Call Scotty in the morning. When retrieving and the auto stop is triggered the ball is occasionally dropping back down. Sometimes when retrieving the brake handle wobbles back and forth. Have to grab it to stop the wobble. Can’t seem to find help on this...
  15. Baxter

Preferred Knife for Salmon?

I always use a fillet knife for cleaning my fish, but I find that cutting through those bones to pull the fillets off dulls my knife pretty quick (Although Perhaps I just have a cheapo-garbage-knife. I sharpen it with a stone often, but am just learning how to do that, and while I am getting...
  16. Baxter

Port Alberni Advice....

Going to try fishing Port Alberni for the first time ever on Saturday. Have a couple questions. Is there any point in trying for halibut/Ling in the channel, or do you have to go way out for it? What about Crabs? Should I bother with bringing traps? Will be targeting salmon, but may as well try...
  17. Baxter

Adding in floor storage

I am debating adding some in floor storage to my boat. But before I pull the seats and the floor I wanted to check to see if anyone has done this. Would hate to spend all the time to pull up the floor only to find that there just isn't enough room under there to make it work. Has anyone out...
  18. Baxter

Delta Inline Flasher

Has anyone had success with these Delta Inline flashers? I had never tried them so bought a couple for dirt cheap from one of Harbour Chandlers big sales. I have tried them only twice now, but both times they gave me some of the worst tangles I haver ever seen! Not sure what I could possibly...
  19. Baxter

Do you ever pull up the floor for cleaning?

Curious if anyone ever pulls up their floor to clean up? Was washing the boat today, scrubbing the floor, etc. All is great, but made me wonder - a lot of crap could get under there along the sides etc. So, do you ever pull the floor up to clean under there? A bit of work to do so, but really...
  20. Baxter

Tongue Extension? Do it? Don't Do it?

MOST of the time, I can easily launch and retrieve my boat without the truck tires getting wet. But When launching primarily at Kitty and Point Holmes there are some tides where avoiding it simply not possible. (For instance at Kitty a 1.7-2.0 tide requires me getting tires wet to pull boat out...
Back