Search results

1. Baxter

Fuse Holder Position

Ya, Space is a bit of an issue... Even at the helm there really isnt an ideal spot to add a block... was thinking just next to the switch. Protected from the elements for the most part... I will probably go this route...
  2. Baxter

Fuse Holder Position

Recently I had an issue traced down to a fuse holder buried in the transom (was at the very back where the wires all go through that pass-through - since moved). I replaced the fuse holder and fuse and problems were solved. There are two other inline fuses here, both for the Scotties. There is...
  3. Baxter

Adding a Power Socket / Port Plug

Sweet, good to know thanks! I think I may just order that one. If it corrodes with the salt, its not a big deal as this will not be functional at all when the boat is on the water, only when I am home and its plugged into the house. Maybe I will get some large heatshrink to wrap around where...
  4. Baxter

I could do that, the cord is long enough, but my thoughts about that is that I then have the prongs exposed to salt water often. My only concern with running it through there.
  5. Baxter

Not exactly sure what these are called (Power socket? Port Plug?) I have seen a few different names. Anyways, I have a Guest Charger on the boat. When I get home I always plug the boat in, and let the charger maintain the batteries. Was the first 'upgrade' I did to the boat after I bought it...
  6. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

Update: FIXED! Replaced the inline fuse, tested, and everything works perfectly again!! Testing the switches and having everything work again was incredibly satisfying!! I used a proper marine ring and butt connector with heat shrink then added another layer of marine heat shrink just cause I...
  7. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

Ya, it is a bit frustrating. Some of the wiring on my boat is a $hit show for sure, anoying part about it is the boat is a 2020! Previous owner owned it for only 9 hours of use, and did some weird stuff to it in that time. I look forward to getting all of it cleaned up!
  8. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

That does help explain it, the fuse was not mounted at all, was just hanging sorta. Not touching the "floor", and high enough up that it would never have been submerged, but certainly not mounted correctly. It will be though when I replace it :)
  9. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

lol. I sure hope so. I see no way this isn't it, unless this ultimately caused another problem further down the line as well.
  10. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

Thx to everyone who offered advice! After some digging and checking etc I discovered a line/fuse buried in the transom. Did not know this fuse existed as it was in a dumb location! I am 99.9% confident this is the issue. If not it certainly is AN issue! Was on a 10awg line labeled “main aux...
  11. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

I’ll pull the switch and clean etc, but don’t expect this to be the issue considering the main starts perfectly on either battery. yes, perhaps the main line running to the helm is the issue. Easy fix if that is the case. Will test that and see.
  12. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

Right now everything uses inline fuses. I hate it. But it is what it is. I do want to replace with a proper fuse block at some point. Who knows, maybe this will force my hand to do it sooner rather than later.
  13. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

Thanks for all the replies! This gives me some places to check. Like I said, connections “look” good but I’ll take this advice and I’ll start by disconnecting, cleaning, and reconnecting everything to battery, switch, and bus bars and see if that helps. I have a volt meter and will check with...
  14. Baxter

Electrical issues help!!

I am at my wits end. I am about to give up - Parker Marine is closed till January, so boat goes in then unless someone here has a good idea! Having some electrical issues with my kingfisher 1825 (2020) Issue is intermittent power to things connected up at the helm, most through the ACC switch...
  15. Baxter

Driving an EV pickup

I disagree with that. My tundra is rated to tow 9,980 lbs. I tow the travel trailer which is between 7,000 and 8,000 wet, and it tows with zero issues, handles awesome. Boat is far lighter, so of course no issues there either. I do agree though, electric is not the right choice for a lot of...
  16. Baxter

Looking for Peetz Reels and Boxes....

It was sold in Courtenay in Spring of 2015. I believe it was a 6" but honestly, that is a guess based on memory. Its been a while. It is a long shot that it will turn up, but saw your thread and figured I would chime in - never know. I know it was originally sold to my dads landlord, but not...
  17. Baxter

Driving an EV pickup

Interesting thread. While I would love one, I have a few hesitations around buying an electric truck. The first is that I am a bit of a Toyota purist. (I have had bad luck with Fords and pledged to never buy another ever - but don't want to turn this into a brand "pissing contest"). Toyota of...
  18. Baxter

Opinions on Lighting

Thanks everyone! Responses are similar to what I expected, but wasn't really sure! Glad I delayed ordering anything until posting here. As brutus noted, I may consider a couple (or similar) for dance floor lighting when prepping gear etc, that would be handy - but I'll avoid getting anything...
  19. Baxter

Opinions on Lighting

I rarely boat in the dark. A few times when launching super early, and a few times when time got away from me and I had to head back after sunset. But I have been thinking for some time about adding some spot or flood lights to the boat. Lighting seems to range in price from very cheap to...
  20. Baxter

Looking for Peetz Reels and Boxes....

I have posted this before. Perhaps even in this forum, I can't recall. If you ever encounter an old Peetz, probably 70's, not sure exactly, with "Gerry" carved into it, I beg you to sell it to me. My dad passed away about 8 years ago now, and when he died we had a lot of his **** to deal...
Back