Search results

1. Rum Buddies

2 x 1000 amp Starting Batteries

Bought these two batteries May 23rd - turns out I actually need deep cycle. Damn Canadian Tire doesn't take returns on batteries. Brand new, never installed. 1000 cranking amps 12v I purchased for $167 + $20 core fee (& Taxes) Will sell for $155 Buy one or both.
  2. Rum Buddies

50' Smartplug cord - Brand new

50' male/female smartplug charging cord. 30amp. I needed a cord in a pinch and ordered two - turns out I can't return this one. Never used. The best cords made, won't burn down your boat like the crappy yellow ones. I bought this for $399 new Will sell for $299.
  3. Rum Buddies

24' Tollycraft Sportfisher (1972)

More details here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/260678155687270/ Time to let this boat go to someone that can use it. I'll be in the big boat cruising, jealous of the guys in fishing rigs.
  4. Rum Buddies

WTB - Navionics micro-SD chip

Looking for a chip... Message me if you have one, must be micro SD.
  5. Rum Buddies

Dual Axel trailer for sale - needs some work

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/dual-axel-trailer---shorelander_34528296 axles and leaf springs pretty damn rusty, but if somebody wants a project...
  6. Rum Buddies

Stop posting about fishing lingcod...

I get it, you want to catch something you can keep. Chinook is a no go, rockfish doesn't have enough meat and you suck at catching halibut. There is simply not enough lingcod for all would be chinook fishermen on SVI. In fact most WON'T target them at all, because it's such an easily...
  7. Rum Buddies

going to fishery meetings is a waste of time - change my mind?

Every time a meeting comes up, people moan that not enough people showed up. This is a fools errand and ultimately they turn into a b*tch fest. The only argument I hear is that we need to show DFO we mean business. Like the mid level punching bag they sent into the meeting has any power...
  8. Rum Buddies

Cost to strip and paint a boat?

I'm wondering what kind of cost one might expect to have a 26' boat stripped and gel coated by a professional shop? I imagine it would get pretty pricey but thinking of biting the bullet. Any ideas?
  9. Rum Buddies

WTR moorage Saanich Inlet - Victoria

Having trouble finding decent moorage for the summer, maybe someone has a slip they want to sublet or rent out. Open to anything from Victoria harbour to brentwood bay for a 24' boat. Let me know....!
  10. Rum Buddies

Free Boat - just needs a little elbow grease

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/22-KC-Thermoglass-Cabin-Curiser-with-fly-bridge---OFFERS--_21911729 Perfect for the man thinking of getting divorced.
  11. Rum Buddies

Cheanuh Marina

What's the story there these days? Is it still in pretty rough shape, still have gas available? Anybody moored there this year?
  12. Rum Buddies

Saanich Inlet

I don't usually post reports but the inlet is loaded with bait right now and we picked up a 15lb Hatchery last night at Bamberton. Outfitters report said there was a couple of 25's taken in Pat Bay last week as well. I'll have to go back out and find out if there's more around, but...
  13. Rum Buddies

Registering a U-build boat?

Anybody ever register a u-build? What's the process to get your BC#'s if there's no decal or details on the hull?
  14. Rum Buddies

WTB - Porta Potti and Boat BBQ

Looking for a small porta potti and one of those small stainless boat BBQs - PM me if you have one or the other kicken around?
  15. Rum Buddies

WTB: 9.9 Yamaha 4-stroke lower end

Anybody have a lower end for a yammi kicker? What's a used lower end worth anyway?
  16. Rum Buddies

Who makes boat cushions in Victoria?

Looking for someone to make some cushions for the project, preferably someone mobile that will come out and measure it up for me. Any suggestions for Victoria Area? What are the big shops like - pricey?
  17. Rum Buddies

For Sale 2 Scotty Electric Riggers

I've got a pair of 30" riggers for sale, only a few years old and barely fished - no scratches or worn belts. Since they're in such good condition I'd like to see $650 for em, PM if somebody needs a pair.
  18. Rum Buddies

For Sale - 2 x Scotty Swivel Bases

Dug up another pair of scotty swivel bases - $100 if someone wants em. PM me
  19. Rum Buddies

For Sale - 2 x Scotty Swivel Bases

I have 2 Scotty Swivel bases for sale I think they're about $75-$100 a piece new - Could sell for $100/pair? Or make me an offer, could use cannon balls, Hali reel/rod, boat stove?
  20. Rum Buddies

WTB: 9.9 Yamaha 4-stroke with dead engine

I have a yami kicker with a big butt crack in the mid section and from what I'm told its a real pain in the butt to fix/replace. Does anybody have around a 2002 9.9 with a dead power head but good mid-lower end? Basically a parts motor.
Back