Search results

1. S

Shoutout to Bryce, and everyone else.

I just wanted to take a moment to shoutout @bryce who was kind enough to go out of his way and delivered a kicker bracket to me from Port Alberni up to Terrace. I offered him a bottle for his trobles but he declined so I bought him a years membership on the forum instead. Thanks Bryce...
  2. S

Kicker size

The last big ticket thing I need for my skagit orca 24xlc I purchased last fall is a kicker... I was dead set on getting a mercury prokicker 15 but recently a good deal on a suzuki efi 20 with a 4 blade prop just popped up in my area... I'm curious if 20 is too much for that size of boat...
  3. S

Transport needed for a kicker bracket (Port Alberni to North BC)

I bought a used kicker bracket in Port Alberni and my buddy picked it up for me with the intentions that I would be coming down there for the holidays. Plans have now changed and I wont be making it down. If anyone is coming North (Prince Rupert, Terrace, Kitimat Areas) and has room for it it...
  4. S

Black friday deals 2023

I'll start... Garmin® ECHOMAP™ Ultra 106SV GN+GT54 $1299 https://www.cabelas.ca/product/170621?P19LHP06ECHOMAP Lowrance® HDS LIVE 9 Fishfinder/Chartplotter with Active Imaging 3-in-1 $1330...
  5. S

Help me spend my money....

I'm about to go hopefully seal the deal on the 24' boat I've had my eye on in a weeks time, the boat is a 1997 and needs a bit of love so I'm wondering what everyone would recommend.. There is no kicker on the boat so I need to get a kicker.. My plan is to get a new Mercury 9.9 Prokicker EFI...
  6. S

Anyone hostled a boat on the ferry?

Im looking to get my whaler from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert. Is anyone familiar with the process for hostling aka trailer drops? There is very little information about it on the BC ferries pages. I sent a request for more information but have yet to hear anything.. Thanks in advance.
  7. S

Confessions of a sportfishing wannabe

Hey guys, the time has finally came to admit.... I'm not like you all. To be honest it was fun to play around and post deals on the buy and sell and have the odd comment here and there, but here's the thing... I don't really "sportfish"! Hell.. I'm a fly fisherman that barely goes knee deep in...
  8. S

boat seats in nanaimo

3 boat seats. Come with clapped out cushions that may or not be complete or intact. They bounce up and down. Includes a ziplock back of stainless screws. Better than sitting on a milk crate or your uncle carls lap. Toilet is not included, although it could be considered a seat as well. I like...
  9. S

Moving to Kitimat/Terrace

I've just been offered a job that relocates me and my family to likely Kitimat or possibly Terrace. I've never been to either and I'm wondering what peoples opinions of it are? I understand that it is a remote area, and a fairly small community and growing up in interior BC in a town of 1000...
  10. S

Wtb: center console seating

Looking for a swingback cooler/livewell seat for my whaler. Also looking for a cooler (70ish quart) with a cushion for infront of the console as well. Long shot but figured I'd post before buying new. Thanks
  11. S

Downrigger wiring

I'm currently working on rewiring my 17' BW Montauk and I'm adding scotty downriggers to the unit. My plan was to buy a fused blue sea switch panel but the max amperage rating per circuit is 15 amp at 12v, and need to have 30 amp protection for each downrigger. The fuse used switch panel can...
  12. S

17' whaler storage options

I recently bought a 17' whaler that has 3 captains chairs (2 in the back, 1 in the front). There are (2) 12 gallon gas tanks located under the centre console. I'm looking at storage options and want to put a cooler with a swingback rest at the helm of the boat and was looking at different...
  13. S

How much should I ask? 13' Whaler Copy

I upgraded to a Montauk 17 so the 13 has to go. Ive been browsing Facebook and CL and I think that I have the advantage on quality and condition over most similar boats in the same class, however I still dont know what to ask... I was thinking around $8k but I'm taking it in on Monday to find...
  14. S

Abu Garcia diplomat mooching reels

Thought on them? I'm working in Alberta and CT has one on sale for $284 fromand I just won a 100 dollar gift card. I'm not expecting islander quality but am I just better off getting a trophy xl at the same price?? Thanks.
  15. S

Looking for a new trailer on Vancouver island

Looking to replace my aging trailer for my '13 Boston Whaler and don't know where to start. I don't mind spending a bit extra for quality. Any tips on manufacturers and places to buy in, or around Nanaimo would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  16. S

WTB: Abel Mooching Reels

Looking for 2 Abel mooching reels. Not in a rush but if anyone is looking to unload any please let me know. Thanks
Back