Search results

1. S

Windlass questions..

Appreciate everyone's inputs!!! It's been a crazy year and I need to get this thing in the water!
  2. S

Windlass questions..

I made an impulse buy without any research on a Lewmar Profish 1000 windlass. After purchasing I came to realize the gypsy is oversized for my boat (skagit orca 24xlc). The gypsy requires 5/16" g4 chain and 9/16"-5/8th 3 strand rode. I'm looking to purchase a chain and rode for it but I'm...
  3. S

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

1997 seasport 22 39k https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1640665750076661/?mibextid=dXMIcH
  4. S

Below waterline primer

I've been looking for similar information The one thing I'll add from what I've read (don't take my post as knowledge, as I'm just learning) is to make sure you use unwaxed polyurethane gelcoat as you can layer it consecutively whereas waxed you cannot. A good video I just watched on the topic...
  5. S

What About Box Crabs?

No call? Haha
  6. S

Photo Thread

Went to houston for some gas turbine training and got to check out the new merc 600 on a boston whaler at the boat show. Im 6'2" and looked tiny infront of these beasts!
  7. S

SOLD price drop BNIB Lowrance Halo20 kit

Not to derail your post, but do you need the point 1 in order to use the radar?
  8. S

Boat prices are finally going down... 450mil down to 40. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2342219269306206/?mibextid=dXMIcH
  9. S

Tell Your Best Joke

10. S

Cuts of meat on sale

It's not on sale but I was in Rupert Meats today in prince rupert and discovered Biltong. Its a South African jerky and it is incrediblely good!
  11. S

Shoutout to Bryce, and everyone else.

I just wanted to take a moment to shoutout @bryce who was kind enough to go out of his way and delivered a kicker bracket to me from Port Alberni up to Terrace. I offered him a bottle for his trobles but he declined so I bought him a years membership on the forum instead. Thanks Bryce...
  12. S

White Christmas or Green?

Green soggy grass in Kitimat.
  13. S

Kicker size

Thanks everyone, the seller came to me with a great price this morning because he needed the space in his garafe so I grabbed it this afternoon. I'll probably end up sourcing a concealed side control and sell off the top mount one that it came with. Appreciate everyone's input as always.
  14. S

Kicker size

I'm pretty sure I'll need to buy a side control like @ship happens posted for it to be a clean install.. I emailed skagit and they want 900usd for a rear helm console.
  15. S

Kicker size

The controller that comes with it is a top mount style like the one in the attached photo.
  16. S

Crew Member Chistmas 2023

@Admin If I buy a membership now will it be for the 2024 season or do i have to wait for the new year to purchase? Thanks
  17. S

Kicker size

Appreciate everyone's input of this. I did go look at it and am likely going to pull the trigger on it. The only thing with it is that the throttle control is a top mount rather than a side mount and I do not have a rear helm station on the Skagit. The steering wheel is mounted to the on the...
  18. S

Kicker size

From what ive read the suzuki 20 is lighter than the prokicker 15, i belive because the prokicker has a high thrust leg but i havent looked too deep into it. As mentioned I had full intentions to do the prokicker, but a really good deal came up locally on the suzuki.
  19. S

Kicker size

The last big ticket thing I need for my skagit orca 24xlc I purchased last fall is a kicker... I was dead set on getting a mercury prokicker 15 but recently a good deal on a suzuki efi 20 with a 4 blade prop just popped up in my area... I'm curious if 20 is too much for that size of boat...
  20. S

There's this one for comparison... https://www.albernipowermarine.com/product/aluminum-boats/custom-liquid-metal-boats/33-salish-cabin-cruiser
Back