Search results

1. R

New 20hp 4st?

I'm considering upgrading from my 20hp 2st Yamaha which I love but I'm about done with the smell and trolling behavior. Looking for a short shaft, electric start. I'm partial to Suzuki but the new Mercs have seen some fairly positive reviews (I like the tiller location in particular). Does...
  2. R

Steveston area Yamaha tech?

Anyone know of a Yamaha tech that could look, ASAP, at an F150 that is in the water in Steveston? I am pretty sure it is a dirty injector issue.
  3. R

WTB: 14' aluminum /trailer

In search of a 14ft aluminum with trailer. Power not necessary. Would prefer something with a deeper V profile. Not looking to blow the bank and hoping someone might have one stashed somewhere they want rid of. I am not afraid of a little work but not looking for a leaky 1975 Lund either ;)...
  4. R

16' Double Eagle with just about everything

Hi All, Looking to sell my Double Eagle. $7000. I will NOT part it out. I can provide pictures of anything you would like to see and can show/sea trial as desired for serious buyers. Located in Nanaimo. Cheers RBF Boat 1969 Double Eagle. Purchased in 2012. Pulled floor and...
  5. R

Nanaimo boat launches

The local (Nanaimo) Sport Fish Advisory Committee has recently re-established its Launch Users Sub-Committee. While still in its infancy, we are soliciting thoughts and ideas from users of the launch facilities in Nanaimo. Are there things you would like to see changed, different, gone...
  6. R

Alternative to Elk Lake?

Was hoping to drag my 16' DE down from Nanaimo to Victoria this weekend (Aug24-25) and take my nephew out fishing on Elk Lake. I have since found out the the dragon boaters will be out in force on the lake all weekend. Given I grew up fishing on Elk it was my go to but now??? Any other...
  7. R

16DE canvas

Have finished my rebuild of a 79 DE. I have the canvas but it is old, beaten and clearly won't keep me dry. I can get a new one made but thought I would throw it out there just in case someone had one. Cheers RBF
  8. R

WTB ~4hp stroke

Hi all, Looking for a 4hp, or something close to, 2str outboard. Want to use it as an emergency 'kicker' on my 16ft DE. Yes, I do know a 4hp will move it as I borrowed a friends to try first. Would like a 2st to minimize weight. Thanks RBF
  9. R

Garmin GFS10 Fuel Sensor - New in Box

Brand new and in box. Garmin GFS 10 fuel sensor. $150. Located in Nanaimo.
  10. R

Yamaha F50 SeaStar

Hi all, My neighbour gave me a complete SeaStar 5345 set-up (helm, hoses, cylinder). Of course, the Yamaha F50 is one of the few engines that this model does not fit. Anybody know the difference between this and the 5348 that 'fits'? I know a spacer kit is needed but what else is different...
  11. R

WTB: 16'-17' glass (DE, Hourston, etc...) no power/no trailer

Looking for a 16-17 glass boat (Hourston, DE etc...). No extras needed as I have power and a trailer. Currently have a 16' CC that just does not have high enough gunnels when I have my daughter in the boat - I need something to contain her. Hoping somebody knows someone or has one... that...
  12. R

Towing regs for trailers over 8'6"

Hi all, I have put a call in to the local Weigh Scale for information but thought I would ask here as well to see how widespread the 'issue' is. I will be towing a boat with a beam of 9' 6" (here in BC). The trailer will not be wider than the beam so total width on the road will be 9'6". Are...
  13. R

Looking for 16-18ft Double Eagle or Hourston

Hi All, Looking for a 16-18ft Double Eagle/Hourston/similar in good condition without power. Trailer is not necessary but if in good shape will also entertain. My 16ft KMV is just not enough for the kid even tho it is decked for fishing. Not looking at spending much $$ but I am sure someone...
  14. R

Bamfield in May - FYI

Not sure how many of you venture out to Bamfield in early May but I quite enjoy that time of year as it is one of my favourites. Was just chatting with the boys from Seabeam and it sounds as tho they will be opening May 1 so there is a warm place to sleep. Cutplug + surfline = good times...
  15. R

hull refinish, repaint or?????

Sold my boat :( but managed a smaller 16ft CC with a new Yamaha F50 EFI as partial trade. The hull on the boat is sound but it is showing its age (1986). I'd love to either refinish or paint just so it looks better (it is 100% an appearance thing). It has dings and chips and is only...
  16. R

2003 Malibu 182

Hey all, Hate to do this but have to sell the rig... 2003 Malibu 182 cuddy cabin. Honda BF115 and Honda 8 Powerthrust. Bennett trim tabs. Lowrance LMS 527 DF iGPS with Navionics, Gamrin 176 with BlueChart for Victoria and WCVI. 2x Scotty electric downriggers (new in 2009). Seastar steering...
  17. R

VHF Radios

Hey all, With the endless selection of VHF currently available on the market I am curious what others are using. Specifically, I am debating about the merits of a Class D vs 'regular' DSC equipped radios. Yes, I like the AIS enabled Standard Horizon but am not going to fork out the extra...
  18. R

Marked or regular fuel?

I had an interesting chat with a marine mechanin last week who suggested that the dye in marked gas was not good for outboards and recommended using 'regular' fuel. While I do like the fact that the marine marked is typically 89 octance, so by the time I see it is around 87 I am curious what...
  19. R

2003 Malibu 182

2003 Malibu 182 cuddy. Honda 115 and 8 Powerthrust. Lowrance LMS527C, Garmin 198 plotter - both with cards. Bennett trim tabs, full canvas, wired for Scotties, EZ Loader trailer with surge. Boat is turn key and ready to go. [u]Must sell</u>. $26,000 obo.
  20. R

Clutesi - heads up

Just a heads up but had my truck/trailer parked at Clutesi Thurs through Sun (3 nights) and someone tried to break into my truck. Not sure what they were after as it was empty but if you are going to leave your rig up there then make sure it is empty of anything of value. Spoke with the PA...
Back