Search results

1. Huyfishin

Just wanted to show off.

Caught this fellow in maybe around 400 feet of water. He was suspended about 70 feet? (no electronics) Far west of bedford islands at cheanuh marina.
  2. Huyfishin

Are sablefish a rare catch? Caught this fellow at spirit bay

This was in about 120 feet of water. The guy was a juvenile but I’m pretty proud of it knowing he is the most expensive fish on the coast.
  3. Huyfishin

Ice fishing in BC (shack rentals?)

Is there any ice shack rentals in BC? I want to do some laker or kokanee fishing on the hardwater. Just looking into accommodations on the ice.
  4. Huyfishin

Fantastic read for everyone. My wife just typed up

This is only an opinion. Let me know if my wife has everyone convinced. https://www.huyfishin.com/post/why-kayak-fishing-is-the-new-trend
  5. Huyfishin

Fish identification! Is this a Pink or a Coho??

I had tons of fun fishin at the west coast kayak angler series grand finale! Not sure if any of you are present on this page.
  6. Huyfishin

Shore Fishing vancouver island for rockfish and lingcod!

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! This area is at the Ten Mile point. It was my first time fishing this place. I had an absolute blast. Although I did lose alot of lures it was well worth it. I'm sure I would have lost a alot less if I just soaked some bait but i'm really into...
  7. Huyfishin

Wtb used crab trap.

Hey guys looking to purchase a used crab trap. Im around the Langford and Victoria area. Thank you!
  8. Huyfishin

Fishing Ogden Point break water

Hey! I just wanted to share my experience at ogden point breakwater. This was also filmed when covid19 wasnt terrible just yet. at the end of the video i also did find a lure on the ground with no hooks on it. how do i rig a lure like that?
  9. Huyfishin

Bass Fishing in Beautiful British Columbia!

Whats goin on everybody! I had the chance to fish with Matt Benson Cabelas Pro Staff member, one of the most knowledgeable anglers I've ever fished with. It was a fun eventful day with the sun shining high in the sky! Unfortunately it was still early and the water temperatures were still very...
  10. Huyfishin

My first time Crabbing on my own!

This was my very first attempt at going crabbing on my own! I had an absolute blast catching them and i'll definitely be doing it again. Hopefully i'll be able to make a catch and cook video sometime in the near future. I purchased chicken back from the grocery store to use as bait. The half...
  11. Huyfishin

I called wild life officers one someone...

I called wild life officers on some guys, was stuck fishing next to them for 5 hours and no officers showed up. Whats the deal? I also see guys crabbing and not measuring crab just throwing them directly in their bucket and leaving. So disappointed. Is this a common issue with officers no...
  12. Huyfishin

Pumpkinseed Fishing.

Does anyone here target pumpkinseed? Last question is does it make a good eating haha. Heading to Vancouver island right away and I was debating on bringing small utralight rod in the arsenal
  13. Huyfishin

New Member here!!

Hey everyone! I am in the process of moving to BC and the first thing I had to do was join this thread. My first BC fishing trip Will be be early March on Vancouver Island. Super Stoked. Hope to meet new people and learn new species and techniques. My current main target species is...
Back