Search results

1. W

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Heading up to Newton Cove Lodge for 4 days of guided fishing, Aug 2-5th can't wait, first time fishing that area. Thanks for the reports all!
  2. W

Pender Bluffs

Out this morning 6:30-12:30, two sockeye on, one bit thorough the leader and the other came off next to the boat. Then all went quiet and a the whales turned up, so many boats following the whales! We called it a day after that, dead calm, dead fishing.
  3. W

Pender Bluffs

Hey Sparkie, nice work, how deep were you running the gear? I was getting them around the 100ft mark.
  4. W

Pender Bluffs

I'll be out Saturday morning, hopefully pick up at least one again!
  5. W

Pender Bluffs

Out this morning at 7:30-2:00pm, one good size sockeye in the boat and 3 smaller ones released. Lots of boats but not much action. Hopefully it will pick up as the days pass. The keeper was in bloody nose anchovies, 90ft.
  6. W

Pender Bluffs

Looking to head over to the Bluffs on Sunday to see if any Sockeye action has started, any reports?
  7. W

Sidney Report

Fished Wymond and Hambley yesterday morning, nasty tide rip first thing. Small whale came through, too busy watching it we almost missed a double header! Two small springs, then a third about half an hour later which we released as it was undersized. We were all alone to begin with then 4 other...
  8. W

Sidney Report

Out last night from 5-8:30pm at Fairfax, bait around but no fish to be found. Saw four or five boats fishing Coal Island on the way back in, anyone else been out?
  9. W

Sidney Report

Fished Fairfax this morning 6am right at the tide change, got a 12lber in the first 15min, then another one on shortly after but it came off, chewed through the leader. Then it went quiet, saw one more salmon picked up around 9am. A few boats out at Coal but didn't see any action. Cheers
  10. W

Sidney Report

I'll be out on the Saturday a.m. Nerka, gonna try Fairfax area and then move round to coal if it's slow.
  11. W

Blue Sea ACR

Do you plug your boat into shore power at the dock? Do you run a battery charger when you leave the boat? Are you using your original 4 position switch? If so, you need to get rid of it and get an emergency combining switch.
  12. W

Sidney Report

Excellent day at Pender Bluffs, sunshine and no wind. Lots of boats out in the a.m. we managed a 15lb spring, 2 sockeye and 8 pinks, that lot kept us busy for most of the day! Had another spring on but bit through the leader. Got the spring on Purple Haze flasher and bloody nose teaser...
  13. W

Sidney Report

Nice one atleast that makes me feel better about venturing to pender tomorrow, apparently Wain Rock is hot at the moment for anyone heading towards the inlet. Cheers!
  14. W

Sidney Report

Thanks for the report Nautigirl, will let you know how I get on at Pender on Thursday.
  15. W

Sidney Report

Heading out on Thursday to try my luck, thinking about making a trip over to Pender Bluffs to see if there is any action. Anyone been out that way recently? Cheers,
  16. W

Sidney Report

Fished Fairfax on Friday, one bite right at the point and then nothing. Kicker steering unit disconnected right in the tide rip, boad spun round and I had a nice mess of lines to deal with! Nasty dead head bobbed right past the boat, reported it to Victoria Coastguard, hopefully they flagged...
  17. W

Elk Lake

Hey Twinwinds, was down at the fishing pier on Elk lake last week. If you want him to catch fish fast, worm and bobber right off the right had side of the pier. We were fishing power bait with about 6 other guys and a girl with a worm and bobber was having all the fun! They might not be trout...
  18. W

1991 Double Eagle 166

Great looking boat. Question for you in the know, I currently have the use of a 28ft fishing boat, too big to trailer and tricky to fish out of when alone. I live in North Saanich and I'm looking for a smaller boat to trailer out to Sooke and beyond, not out to Swiftsure or anything like that...
  19. W

Pender Bluffs Sockeye

Fished Pender yesterday, one sockeye for me, tons of fish around and 5 longliners fished it all day. Didn't see that many people catching, I got mine at 160ft on the rigger! I was getting desperate and decided to go deep. Cheers,
  20. W

Pender Bluffs Sockeye

Thanks, will be out there next week.
Back