Search results

1. S

For sale Chamber vacuum sealer bags

chamber vacuum sealer bags. BPA free. Can microwave and boil in the bags. Standard 3 MIL thickness. 10"x15" size bags. 250 bags 6"x12" size bags. 300 bags is Get all 550 bags for $100 Other sizes available but need to order in large quantity of 500-1000 bags. Located in lower mainland...
  2. S

Commercial grade vacuum sealer

Barely used commercial grade vacuum sealer from cabelas. High end vacuum sealer. High end commercial grade motor and pump seals and removes air as a commercial grade sealer. Barely used and in like new condition. Purchased for approx $550 with taxes. Selling for $325. Located in surrey...
  3. S

Lowrance / simrad bluetooth autopilot wireless remote and base station

Recently sold my boat and have no need for this. It works with lowrance and simrad autopilots to allow you to remotely control your AP. I had it for my lowrance outboard autopilot. New is over $700. Selling for $400. Located in surrey PM me if interested.
  4. S

Braid weight for scotty 2106s

can I get feedback on whether I should use 200lb power pro braid or 250lb powerpro braid on the 2106s. I plan on using 18 lb balls and possibly 20 lb balls... would the 10-15% thicker diameter of the 250lb braid make a significant difference in blowback fishing deep like 200ft of water?
  5. S

Smoke salmon ... wet vs dry brine

Not going to recessitate the old wet vs dry brine debate. It seems like guys can do well perfecting either one over the years when you perfect it to your taste. This is what I've done with dry brining my hot smoked salmon... have done so many variations and experiments with different ratios...
  6. S

Bad gas

I understand the issues with leaving gas in your tanks untreated for extended periods of time but has anyone filled up their tanks at a local gas station and used it within a few weeks time and had engine issues becuase the gas you bought at that gas station was pumping out bad gas? Just...
  7. S

For Sale Megaware Keel Guard

I have a brand new megaware keel guard. The length will accommodate boats up to 22ft in length. The color is white. PM if you are interested. New is approx $300 with taxes. Selling for $135.
  8. S

Best Way Thaw Out Frozen Salmon

while this may sound like a dumb question, the more I think about it the more I think it's a legitimate question that has been lingering on my mind for some time. Most of us spend lots of money on boat, gear, gas and more importantly, TIME to get out on the water to get the lines wet. If we...
  9. S

wanted: Scotty Depthpower Electric downrigger counters

My scotty 1106s counter crapped out. Don't necessarily need the entire assembly with the base, just need the counter. If you have a spare counter and live in the lower mainland and want to sell, please PM me. I believe the manual downrigger counters look the same except they have a black...
  10. S

GPS coordinates

Sending in a distress call on channel 16 is something that I have fortunately not had to do and hope I don't ever have to do... Should that day ever come or if I witness someone in trouble on the water and need to radio in the position, what GPS coordinate system is Canada coast guard...
  11. S

cleaning anodes

whats the best way to clean aluminum anodes? Have heard wire brush is a bad idea... tried sandpaper but it doesn't get into groves or some of the minor pits in the aluminum anode.
  12. S

fuel/water separating filter question

I have a mercury 115 outboard and the mercury OEM fuel/water separating filter for it is a 25 micron filter. Previous year I used a Sierra filter that was a 10 micron filter. Do you think I am ok with using the mercury 25 micron filter? What do you guys use?
  13. S

Prawning - 1 or 2 traps per line

Prawning isn't new to me... Have been having good success over the years.. Have experimented with numerous different variables with bait, location, trap setup, depth etc.... One thing I haven't tested is whether having 1 trap per line would produce just as much as the customary 2 traps on...
  14. S

Storing Boat throughtout winter

My boat gets periodically used throughout the winter months. When not in use, it sits on a trailer in my driveway. With all the rain and mix bag of weather that we get in BC throughout the winter, what's the best way to keep your boat mold free? I have a hardtop with canvas that covers the...
  15. S

Vedder River

I'm familiar with the regs for fishing salmon along the BC coast but river fishing is brand new to me. Prior to going out, I am trying to understand the rules and regulations. I thought the saltwater salmon fishing regulations and information was muddy but the freshwater info is just as...
  16. S

New to Fishing Fraser Mouth

hello folks, I have been around boats and fished lakes for number of years... The wind and wave info is much more predictable since lakes are often in a protected area and there are no currents to deal with unless you are near an area where the lake dumps into a river. I am trying to figure...
  17. S

Weather Conditions when crossing the straight

Hello fellas, I am new to the salt but have a number of years around boats and boating in freshwater lakes. I want to make several crossing from Vancouver over to the Gulf Islands in the next few months. In the limited time and experience that I have being on the salt around Vancouver Harbor...
  18. S

My 2 Cents

I recently posted a question around salmon stamps and got some helpful replies. Thanks to those of you who are more familiar with the regulations and system in place. I was not aware the fees goes towards salmon conservation initiatives so I will gladly pay the fees for myself and my young...
  19. S

New to West Coast

I am new to saltwater fishing. Have been in the province for past few years but originally from Ontario. Definitely going to take my family out for some bottom fishing later on in the summer. We have very little experience salmon fishing. I understand it is currently nonretention at the...
  20. S

Fishing using bait

I am using the next few months to experiment with the presentation and hook setup of my bait fishing in preparation for Aug/Sep/Oct fishing. I haven't been salmon fishing for too long and so I am hoping some of the more experienced anglers on this forum can help me out. Please refer to my 2...
Back