Search results

1. Libbs

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

It’s just an ‘ecological area’. Unfortunately the same red boundary markers are used as RCAs so you have to tap it to get the details of what it is. Definitely ok to fish there.
  2. Libbs

Lost boat canvas piece

Started a four day trip to Bamfield on a sour note this morning :( Got to Clutesi marina this morning to find a section of my boat canvas went missing during the drive. It was still there when we stopped at Tim's in Courtenay. Drove out via the Cumberland connector then inland highway to...
  3. Libbs

Alberni Inlet 2015

Yep. This year and last anyway.
  4. Libbs

Wanted : free or cheap outboard

Pm sent Aridhol.
  5. Libbs

Wanted : free or cheap outboard

Got an '85 Johnson 9.9 you can have if you want to come up to Courtenay. Still started easy and ran well two years ago when I last ran it. Has some issues but pushed me around in my old boat for 3yrs. Bought a new boat and got a new kicker with it, so it's been collecting dust and the wife has...
  6. Libbs

Campbell River Sockeye Season

Don't give up hope just yet. For those that don't know, Fraser sockeye are grouped in 4 runs. In order of appearance, Early Stuart, Early Summer, Summer, and Late Summer. The Fraser River Panel at PSC are still re-forecasting the Early Summer Run at the moment, which was not expected to have any...
  7. Libbs

WhaleReport - free new app from B.C. Cetacean Sightings Network

I'm gonna download the app right now! ...so I know where NOT to go fishing [emoji12]
  8. Libbs

Alberni Inlet 2015

Latest Bulletin has 14,500 escaped to Sproat and 4,250 to Great Central, and for the run size, they would like it to be a total of 25,000 combined by June 15th. Low warm water in the river is gonna play a big role this year.
  9. Libbs

In the short few minutes I spent looking in the regs I saw no sign of a map or link to one. Maybe one will be posted at some point. For the 1 or 2 of these areas that will affect me, I will have them displayed on my plotter by building a route using the lat/longs in the notice so I know where is...
  10. Libbs

I was just looking myself. It's definitely mentioned in the area 17 regs for the Winchelsea area. It's not mentioned at all in Area 14 for Hornby or Parksville. ...and specifically says crab and prawn closure. Could be differences.
  11. Libbs

Could be... I'm just going by the Fishing Notice. I haven't dug into area regs yet.
  12. Libbs

If I'm reading it correctly, for us sporties, it is only a prawning/crabbing closure. Hook and line closure is listed but under the COMMERCIAL header.
  13. Libbs

FN0512: Category(s): ABORIGINAL - General Information, COMMERCIAL - Groundfish Trawl, COMMERCIAL - Groundfish: Other Hook and Line, COMMERCIAL - Invertebrates: Crab, COMMERCIAL - Invertebrates: Prawn and Shrimp by Trap, COMMERCIAL - Invertebrates: Shrimp Trawl, RECREATIONAL - Shellfish...
  14. Libbs

The Most Annoyin/Aggravting Fishing Terms

"Fished 'the tide' yesterday." No $h!t! Flood, Ebb or slack?
  15. Libbs

2015 Campbell River Reports

Good to know. Thanks Brick. I wish they would do away with this Apr 1 - Mar 31 non-sense and just go by calendar year. If "2014" was printed atop those maps instead of "2014/2015", there would be no second guessing.
  16. Libbs

I stand corrected! ...didn't realize the change carried through to this year. Good news :)
  17. Libbs

Two per day, hatchery marked only starting June 1st. There has been no Fishery Notice released yet this year allowing retention of an unmarked coho. Cross fingers for good numbers and it may happen.
  18. Libbs

Fishing tips

Not to derail, but just in case this sinker release would be a viable option for the OP... Fishtofino's post makes it sound to me like the sinker become sacrificial... I don't think that's the case. At least that's not how I'd use it. Looks like there's swivels attached to the release hook, one...
  19. Libbs

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Hit Kitty for a few hours this afternoon. Had lots of action just south of the hump. Coho killer spoon in Cop Car colors was getting hit constantly at 199' of wire in 200-230' of water. Wish I had 2 of em on board! Closest I had was 3.5 coyote cop car for the other side. Started getting hits on...
  20. Libbs

Powell River 2015

Had no luck fishing near Comox early today, so ran across to try Kiddie Pt. Two good hits in the 3ish hrs I was there (it was my first time there, so I don't exactly have it dialed in) only landed one which was a beauty 21lber. Enjoyed fishing there, may have to make the trek a bit more often.
Back