Search results

1. Bod

Early Halibut Opening

Quite the joke. Our season was closed in September, last year, but we still don't know what we caught?
  2. Bod

Mexico Fishing Trips

I think that is an understatement! It's about as crazy as it can get I think. In a couple hours we landed 25 fish that were between 20-60 pounds yesterday.
  3. Bod

Early Halibut Opening

What Bamfield guide are you calling a poacher?
  4. Bod

Mexico Fishing Trips

I'm in Cabo now and was out yesterday. In about 2 hours we released 6 Marlin and then looked for dorado which we didn't get. Fishing is great here right now and I'm here for the next 7 weeks and will fish about 30 more days. There's a few exceptional captains here to fish with, quite a few good...
  5. Bod

2022 Ucluelet Reports

That would be me in the back ground.
  6. Bod

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Maybe it just you.
  7. Bod

Tofino in April

I'm not in Tofino, and the guides mentioned are some of the best for sure. The thing about the early season is the fishing can be fantastic but I always say "the better the weather, the better the fishing"
  8. Bod

Winter Spring Derby March 5-6 2022

I hear there's a few fish around. And the weather's looking good.
  9. Bod

TR3 issues

Call Islander! My TR 3's are from the first batch of 200 reels produced and a few years old and have been nearly flawless. They have been serviced once by Islander. I still have a bunch of MR 2's and MR 3's but hard to go back.
  10. Bod

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Coming from Duncan it's a no-brainer. Go the Cowichan route.
  11. Bod

Open Showers in Bamfield

Centennial Park is open.
  12. Bod

Outside waters rockfish

Black cod(Sablefish)? or you talking about Black Rockfish?
  13. Bod

Baja Snook -Off the Beaten Path

Sounds like a great trip Might have to try that some time. There are some big Snook in the Cabo San Lucas marina but theres no fishing aloud. Saw quite a large shark in the marina this morning.
  14. Bod

IPHC Halibut Forecast - further declines

You don't have a clue what the Tac will be but your choices say there would be an early closure? I think it's best we wait and see.
  15. Bod

Halibut closing soon?

as long as they have your log book data, they take it out.
  16. Bod

2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Lots of Chinook and a few Coho as well. The Bamfield Wall, Brady's Beach, Kirby Point, Cape Beale, Mearse Bluff have all been good at times lately. Who knows what it will be like in a week but I suspect the fish will still be around. There are Halibut around, both inside the sound and offshore...
  17. Bod

2019 Ucluelet Reports

I don't believe for a minute that a commercial guy would do this. They have enough to do with there own gear. Yes they may set over your gear and tangle up but pull it, not likely.
  18. Bod

SFI Raffle

Great Idea. Just bought 5
  19. Bod

WCVI Halibut Anchoring

I fish Halibut a lot in the Bamfield area and will say I've never found a tide I can't fish in. But wind, waves, and tide will make it impossible at times. if it doesn't feel right, don't do it.
  20. Bod

Hali Rigs

What size Halibut are you guys catching? I use 80 pound mono and haven't had a breakoff in a few years.
Back