Search results

1. Gong Show

Wanted: Shimano 200 GT Mooching Reel

I have a buddy looking for a Shimano 2000 GT Moocher reel. I thought I had a couple, but it looks like my dad threw them overboard with a couple of my beater rods, so maybe I am looking for more than one.:rolleyes: I am in Campbell River, but willing to pay for shipping on the right reel...
  2. Gong Show

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

It is that time of year again, and I am glutton for punishment. Whatever you may think of the 'show', it is still a great reason to think fishing, fishing **** and fishing trips. I am heading over to the Big Sh!tty for Thursday and Friday nights. I will post up whatever Admin will allow that is...
  3. Gong Show

Walter V-Drive rebuild shop

One of the Walter V-Drives (RV48D) on our hotel boat has literally ground to a halt. Does anyone know of a shop, on the island or lower mainland, they would recommend to rebuild this unit? It would be a bit of time and expense to send it out to NJ, and it is always nice to keep work local.
  4. Gong Show

Aluminum arch with rocket launchers

It has only taken 8 years, but I think all relevant parties are at the same conclusion, the Eaglecraft needs to put a rack of rocket launchers on top of the rear lip of the cabin roof. Nothing extravagant necessary, but it would be nice to have six holders in some fashion. Now the ask, I see...
  5. Gong Show

Ace prawn puller switch nfg

After a bunch of years of fogo service the switch on the prawn puller has become inconsistent. Does anyone have insight as to replacing or upgrading the switch?
  6. Gong Show

Transom replacement for fishing skiff

Putting new power on the fishing skiff. Started the process of drilling and filling the mounting holes in the transom and found a lot of wet wood. This led to grinding down other parts of the transom only to discover bondo. I don't like surprises at the best of times, much less ones like this...
  7. Gong Show

Great Day on the water in Campbell River

My Calgarian brother in law was coming to town to visit this past weekend. We had long standing plans to fish on Saturday. For once I let the 'wait and see' voice take over when the reports were 6' moderate off Cape Mudge. So we took off fairly early Sunday morning with only minor complaints...
  8. Gong Show

Westcoaster Aluminum Boats

So things are slowing down and buying gifts for everyone else has got the juices flowing. I am looking for a small welded aluminum fish skiff that I can solo launch, 14 to 16'. Tiller outboard to keep it real simple. Not much in the usual places online that have intrigued me. I see a 14' wolf...
Back