Search results

1. N

Best Charts for Lowrance Elite TI2 9

Navionics + is decent for the money and pretty much cover what's required in our area. I'm testing out new C-Map contour + charts which have nice shading features although the jury is out for accuracy in certain areas.
  2. N

hydraulic steering fluid

Seastar/Dometic have been extremely helpful in my experience so give them a call @ 604-248-3858.
  3. N

Not Getting Detailed Contours On Lowrance Elite

One other possible option depending on compatibility with units is C-Map Contour+ charts(US & Canada Inland and Coastal). I've just had the chance to run these side by side with Navionics + on HDS units and at first glance and prefer the detail. More depth soundings across the board and very...
  4. N

They won't expire but you lose the ability to utilize some advanced features such as reduce sonar chart density, auto routing, and a couple others. I have two plus cards and Navionics imbeds subscription date data on the card so my units know when the subscription ends and caps the advanced...
  5. N

When updating your Navionics Charts ensure Sonar Charts (and community edits if desired) are selected or this option won't be available on your MFD. Once in your Lowrance MFD the sonar charts must be selected at which point your detail level can be adjusted. If your subscription is expired the...
  6. N

Lowrance HDS 12 Live With 3 in 1 Active Imaging Transducer

Having both I'd try going 9" if a deal can be found with the specials going on. It's much more comfortable on the eyes as they age... Problem is like buying larger TV, difficult to go smaller once you make the plunge. That being said the 7" is a decent unit.
  7. N

Lowrance HDS 12 Live With 3 in 1 Active Imaging Transducer

I run two of the new live units( 7" and 9" networked) and like the performance. The 12" and up models have a more powerful processor which would be nice although any of the HDS live units are decent. I'd also check out the latest models from Simrad. The 3 in 1 transducer works better than...
  8. N

Bow - to - Stern Line attachments to boat, halibut anchoring

Bow eye to stern about 6inches off the water due to configuration and cleat location. I prefer a spliced eye although depending on the bow eye configuration a shackle to spliced eye may work better on the S.S. As a rule I carry second bow to stern line as it's the fusible link if sh*t ever hits...
  9. N

New Motor Decision

I'd recommend the 150 hp as well. Have a friend with the new model Merc 115 and takes a bit to get his 18ft glass boat with 2 adults out of the hole. The 115 is a great motor for up to 17' glass and lighter 18' aluminums in my opinion. Recently repowered a 17 Tyee with a Yamaha 115 (had the...
  10. N

Another "what boat should I get thread"

I'm interested in how your Carmanah rides compared to the 17 double eagle. Does the longer hull(assuming you have the 18')help with ride in your opinion. I have the Tyee with a 115 Yam which rides fairly well for it's size and weight. Both are close to the same rigged weight going by specs...
  11. N

Help choosing a prop

Mind me asking which hull you have. I've considered raising mine but have found the Double Eagle style hull can be sensitive to ventilation when the motor is run much higher than a near level vent plate height with the props I've tested(mine is 1/8"higher). Some hulls perform much better with...
  12. N

Help choosing a prop

Cheap insurance to have the motor scanned. It may be a 13" X 17 " pitch which may or may not be too much depending on prop design. Try a search on motor setup as motor height can be a factor in how the boat performs in addition to the prop installed. If the ventilation plate is running too deep...
  13. N

Help choosing a prop

Sounds like your over propped and/or the engine isn't running well. What details do you have on the prop? For reference and it may help others with the same setup... I've tested 3 props (4 if you include the older 115 motor) on a Tyee 17 with a newer Yamaha 115. These were done with a full tank...
Back