Search results

1. Sandpiper

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

its on facebook marketplace
  2. Sandpiper

Engine issue

Sorry I jumped in a little late here but on my 200 mercury it would rev up when the alternator engaged as I believe it had a very large output. The voltage jumping around from 14.1 to 14.7 rapidly sounds like the alternator cycling on and off rapidly?
  3. Sandpiper

Transducer mount - stern saver

I read on thehull truth to use plastic baseboard that they install in bathrooms. Seems to work well
  4. Sandpiper

20'6 1996 Double Eagle Hardtop W/ Alaska Bulkhead New Mercury Power

Sold for the listed price just incase anyone needs a comparable, Its heading to the sunshine coast.
  5. Sandpiper

Under Deposit, Pending Survey and Mechanical Inspection.
  6. Sandpiper

Bow Mounted Trolling Motor with Virtual Anchor

Hey Kaelc, Check out "thecrookedpilothouse" on youtube he uses his spot lock feature on the minn kota to hover over reefs down south. He has a fairly large boat as well a nice parker. He also has a video of the install he did which looks pretty clean.
  7. Sandpiper

Yamaha tilt trim problem

I just finished reparing my yamaha tilt trim system as well. What happened with mine is it was fully operational except that the seal at the top of the ram where it exits the housing was corroded and it had swelled from seawater crystalizing behind it. This locked the piston inside the assembly...
  8. Sandpiper

Thanks for all the feedback thus far, Price Reduction to $60,000.
  9. Sandpiper

Beginner hull polishing setup

I grabbed a cheapo King Canada Rotary polisher from KMS tools awhile back and its a bit heavier in weight but it has variable speed and did a nice job for a little under half the price of the Makita.
  10. Sandpiper

I am listing my boat for sale as I have a newborn on the way and I dont know how much ill get out fishing in the next few years. The boat was purchased in 2018 and was a project boat that had the original inboard 302. I removed the engine/leg and had Jenkins marine check the transom which was...
  11. Sandpiper

What size inline fuse to install?

Should be in the installation instructions
  12. Sandpiper

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I bought a cheapo King Canada 7" Multi Speed Polisher from KMS tools, It was half the cost of the Makita and does the job. Usually I am one to buy the top of the line tool and have it for a very long time but the no name brand has worked well on the boat, Always a great idea to have some money...
  13. Sandpiper

ISO - 2010 9.9 Yamaha Trim Motor or Complete Assembly

Some progress has been made for anyone in a similar situation such as Fish Brain. I took the tilt motor to an automotive electric repair shop. He determined the motor was shot and needed replacement. He found a motor for around $200 out of Ontario this is a far cry from the $600 I was quoted...
  14. Sandpiper

Hey Fish Brain, Im going to take my assembly into an electric repair shop and see if they can fix it as Reel Gone has suggested. Ill keep you posted how that goes.
  15. Sandpiper

Well I have a dead trim motor on my kicker and I tried to source a replacement motor thru the (Sherwood Marine) dealer and it was almost a $1000. Im looking for either a new motor assembly as my valve bank and cylinder are in good shape or a complete used assembly I can bolt in and go. Please...
  16. Sandpiper

Zinc on my pod?

We all should have just stuck with the inboards
  17. Sandpiper

Zinc on my pod?

Hey Duroboat, I had a pod intalled on my boat a few years ago by Jenkins marine and I was advised that the zincs arent neccessary but I wonder if that is true. Mine is also powder coated and I am in the same boat as you. Its cheap insurance to avoid corrosion issues and I plan to use Bryces...
  18. Sandpiper

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

If you end up having to replace your float switch again check out the "ultra " float switch it is a nice piece of equipment for storing boats at the dock
  19. Sandpiper

Cuddy door

This is what I have in my double eagle from the factory I believe
  20. Sandpiper

Outboard Power for 21’ walkaround

I can vouch for the 3.4L V6 Merc as I have some hours on mine since I purchased it new, The boat is a 1996 20'6 DE. I received quotes for both the Yamaha I4 and the Mercury and they came in at almost identical prices I couldnt say no to the extra displacement. I believe the Mercury weighs very...
Back