Search results

1. southern star

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

You can get herring fishing off the breakwater during the spawn. Ive never got them that way but ive seen it done. Ill be jigging a few buckets up from the boat this spring.
  2. southern star

French creek is a good launch. They recently redid the launch dock.
  3. southern star

I couldnt figure out how to pm you a pic. Here it is. My chart is in metres.
  4. southern star

Just outside the french creek marina. If you look at your charts you will see 2 pinnacles at about 195' surrounded by water 225'+. Ill pm you a picture of my chart later.
  5. southern star

That, and took some paint with him too. lol
  6. southern star

Such a fun day on the humps yesterday! My first day out on my own and decided to run 2 rods (go big or go home). In 2 hours i was into 2 keeper springs. Theres a bit of a learning curve dealing w fish alone! Especially spunky winter springs. So no blood on the deck but a super fun day. Got them...
  7. southern star

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Our last day at the river was a great one. Friends, fish and the odd foe (sea lions!) made for a memory filled afternoon. Good bye little q. See you next year.
  8. southern star

Little q tonight. 1 wild coho, 2 screamers lost, 2 screamers boated. 20 and 23. All green gear. Flasher, green/glow Hootchie and Irish cream spoon. 40 in 70-90. Trollong a little slower than usual. Will be back Friday! Catch, photo and release for the rest of this season. SS
  9. southern star

The bait was all out front of FC harbour! It was "raining" everywhere! There were some boats, but not the crush that it can be sometimes. See you all tonight!
  10. southern star

Little q.... Too fun. 22 and 20. Both within 2o minutes. 6:45. 70 in 90 purple haze/pink squirt. One short tied one long tied. Definitely will be there tomorrow night!
  11. southern star

The humps were hot tonight! 2 in the boat, lost 2, one just under. 22 and 12 on the scale. 220 and 200 in 200-220. 3.5 black and glow tko. Josie got the big one. (Atta girl).
  12. southern star

Just wanted to do a shout out to Farraz at Schooner cove. I brought the French creek derby posters out to the marina and he was so hrlpful and wanted to make sure the posters went in the best places for the most visibility. You are part of what make this derby such a success. You rock. Thanks...
  13. southern star

Ya... Have to be careful about my launch and load times there. or im SOL! I launch FC sometimes too. :) M
  14. southern star

The big swell this morning almost turned us home but we braved it and were rewarded with a 14 lb white spring off ballenas. 190 in 190, army truck 3.5 spoon, green flasher. Binked off a bonus coho when pulling up gear to head home. Great morning. :)
  15. southern star

Beauty 23 off ballenas last night. 200 on downrigger, sounder crapped out. Not sure how deep. Just outside 164 contour. Short tied tko with green flasher. 8pm. No boats out but me!
  16. southern star

1 keeper off ballenas lighthouse this afternoon. 180 ft. Even all the hake and the bloom couldn't put a dent in such an amazing day. M
  17. southern star

2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Bait at 200'. Wish I could go out today. Looks like another perfect opportunity. Happy fishing :)
  18. southern star

2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Look what the Easter Bunny brought me :) 21 1/2 lbs winter Chinook. Caught out front of French Creek Harbour on the humps.
  19. southern star

French Creek Salmon Derby Aug 22-24, 2014...

OMG! Incorrect leader board finals! Apologies to the winners! What was WS thinking? You want it done right ask a woman. Here are the correct final numbers for the 2014 FCSD. John Bates 31'11" Wayne Jones 27' 3" John Gailus 26' 15" Chris Masson 26'14" Al Stacey 25' 12" Philip Salsman 25'...
Back