Search results

1. C

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

I have a couple in the reel boneyard in my storage container... I will have to dig them out for restoration one day. CR Greg
  2. C

Trudeau promises more gun control and goes on the attack against Scheer

42 Million would help a lot towards REAL Crime fighting measures like xray scanners at entry Ports for containers etc. CR Greg
  3. C

Southern Resident Whales - New Study Released Nature, Extinction in 75-100 years

Raincoast wont be happy until we are all sitting at a Starbucks in Vancouver sucking back a Vegan Latte instead of being out on the water. CR Greg
  4. C

Petition to the House of Commons

hopefully after the next election !!
  5. C

Ocean Steelhead

Commercially, I have definitely seen them in Gillnet fisheries. Dean Channel was bad before the drop nets came in. Also Nitnat and offshore WCVI. I have seen several beautiful Steelhead likely from the Thompson or Chilcotin. Those Gillnet fisheries dont really exist anymore.. CR Greg
  6. C

Ocean Steelhead

I have caught 2 steelhead in tidal waters while recreationally salmon fishing over the last 50 years. One in Saanich Inlet and another at Stuart Island. Back then you could kill them in tidal waters, and I did. Regulations today call for release of all wild trout in tidal waters. I wouldnt...
  7. C

irec reporting survey

There is a category for each species
  8. C

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

That is one of the biggest benefits of e-licencing.. You are doing all that data entry for DFO. CR Greg
  9. C

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

having mandatory reporting and mandatory participation in iRec as a Condition of Licence essentially makes it law. The charge would be failure to comply with a Condition of Licence. CR Greg
  10. C

It is now law that a holder of a licence MUST provide info to Creel staff as well as completing the iRec Survey on line if selected. . Its printed right on the licence and I hear that a few people have now been charged and convicted for not providing the information.. CR Greg
  11. C

next time talk to me first !!
  12. C

Is Area 18 currently open for Chinooks?

It is the Variation Order that is the instrument that "changes" the Regulations. The VO is the legal document. The rest, Fishery Notice, Online Synopsis, BC Fishing App, etc. are all just Departmental and Third Party tools to inform and help the Public interpret the Variation Order or...
  13. C

unfortunately, DFO doesnt seem to have invested in that tech yet CR Greg
  14. C

Reels For Sale

repost the list
  15. C

The Dept is recommending that you put your phone in airplane mode prior to handing it over. At the end of the day, Fishing and holding a licence is a regulated activity in which you voluntarily participate. By doing so, You agree to any and all licence conditions imposed by that licence. . That...
  16. C

Which could result in a court appearance for Obstruction ...
  17. C

All great until your phone goes sploosh as you hand it over to the DFO boat ..... CR Greg
  18. C

The Garcia Mitchell 300 series of Spinning Reels is iconic. I still have several that I regularly fish with that my father and his fishing partner purchased and fished with in the late 50's Early 1960's, They work as well today as they did then ! A connection to the past and many great days...
  19. C

Your Favorite Made In Canada or USA Salmon Plugs.

Hundreds !! and then its all the other "go with" stuff ! Then suddenly you have a 20 foot storage container full.... But its not a problem... I can stop any time .. OK, Im Greg and I am a Tackaholic... CR Greg
Back