Search results

1. the butcher

Motor issue

How often do folks here change spark plugs? What are the most common issues related to spark plugs that haven't been changed out in time? Anyone have motor issues such as loss of power amd vibrations when trying to get up on plane? This is what I am experiencing and wondering if it could be...
  2. the butcher

Best mercury repair dealer in lower mainland

Have some repair work on my merc 115 4 stroke.. can anyone recommend a skilled and honest merc dealer whom you've had good experiences with from the lower mainland? A dealer whom won't take forever to get you back on the water but also a dealer who will get it right the first time around.
  3. the butcher

Ez Loader roller assembly

Wondering if anyone has an extra set or has upgraded from rollers to bunks on an EZ Loader trailer and has no use for their old EZ Loader roller assemblies any longer. I am in the lower mainland and can pickup. Just need 1 assembly like in the attached picture. Really just need the curved...
  4. the butcher

Dummy flashers for sockeye

Looking forward to us hopefully getting a sockeye season at mouth of fraser this year. Will be my first sockeye season. I understand the standard setup involves an array of dummy flashers. Has anyone tested to see how less effective it is when you aren't using any extra dummy flashers with...
  5. the butcher

Crabs..boil or steamed?

I have always boiled my dungie crabs and found the meat to be flavorful with the unique flavors of a dungenous crab. I boil the entire crab... I know some folks remove the large top shell, clean everything out and then cook...but I cook whole and find it more flavorful. Yes it can be a bit...
  6. the butcher

FS: garelick height adjustable kicker bracket

For sale: garelick height adjustable kicker bracket. Heavy duty model. Extremely sturdy and solid. Paid $700 including taxes. In excellent to near New condition. Can't seem to figure out how to post images on this forum. For pics see the Craigslist ad below...
  7. the butcher

Solas 4 blade aluminum 14.75" x 15" pitch prop

Solas rubex 4 boat propeller. 4 blade propeller with 14.75" diameter and 15" pitch. Used 1 time for 15 mins to test on water but realized it was not a good match for my outboard motor. Fits 4.75" sized gearcase. The Solas part number is 9513- 148-15. Check to see if this prop fits your...
  8. the butcher

Prawning trap setup

I prawn by using 2 traps, spaced about 50ft apart connected to a single line like many other folks here. Has anyone done any testing to see if they would catch the same amount of prawns if they used 1 prawn trap on a line instead of 2? Since it's difficult to space the 2 traps far apart enough...
  9. the butcher

Lengthening trailer tongue

I have a galvanized 20ft boat trailer which has a short tongue. I am wanting to increase the tongue length by 2ft. Anyone have a 2-3 ft length of galvanized 3x4 tube hanging around? Please PM me. Thanks
  10. the butcher

Brake line questions

Just got a new set of disk brakes, aactuator, and rubber lines. The runder lines are too long which would require me to make a few small loops and then tie to frame.... I am concerned about the loops catching and snagging on something one day. So my options are to figure out a way to shorten...
  11. the butcher

Sikaflex 291 VS 3M 4200

What sealant do you guys use to seal mounting bolts for main motors, kicker bracket, screws for transducers, or anything that goes through your transom and is under water when you are afloat? I have been using 4200 but wonder if sikaflex 291 is better or is there yet another sealant that works...
  12. the butcher

1st cold smoke fail

I love the store bought smoked LOX that you buy frozen with individual pieces that are separated by parchment paper. So I decided to give it a go with the one and only chinook I caught this september from 3 outings at sandheads.. Looked up a bunch of youtube videos.... man, there is huge...
  13. the butcher

smoke - slow or fast moving for best smoke quality?

planning on adding a small convection fan in my smoker to evenly distribute heat. I find there can be anywhere between 10-30F degrees or more temp difference between bottom and top racks in my electric smoker. This causes me to have to rotate the racks more often but when the smoker is open to...
  14. the butcher

Powder coating

Does anyone know of a person or company who does powder coating at reasonable rates? Have a few small projects that I need powder coated. Please reply or PM with contact name and number if you have a contact. Thanks
  15. the butcher

Where to buy starboard

Where's the cheapest place on the mainland to buy starboard?
  16. the butcher

cold smoking salmon

Trying cold smoking salmon for first time in upcoming week. Have an electric smoker with an external smoke generator so my electric smoker element won't be on. If I understand correctly, it should be cold smoked anywhere between 12-24 hrs depending on how much smoke you want and smoked between...
  17. the butcher

Best wood for smoking salmon

I use a smoke tube in my electric smoker and have been using the Traeger gourmet blend (Maple, Hickory, Cherry) with decent results. I am trying to find Alder pellets but everywhere is out and I just found out Traeger has discontinued Alder pellets. If I can't get my hands on maple pellets...
  18. the butcher

NAV light question

I have a hardtop fishing boat. My nav light(which has recently died) sits at the bow of the boat whereas my anchor light is mounted to the rear of my hardtop. Would it be possible for me to mount an all in one light at the rear of my hardtop to act as both an nav light and an anchor light...
  19. the butcher

When to use 18lb canon balls

I have always used 15 lb canon balls. I fish the vsncouver area such as bowen, sandheads, Vancouver harbour, west van, howe sound and sometimes around Gabriola and entrance island. I have depthpower scotty electric downriggers. For the folks who fish the same areas, when or in what...
  20. the butcher

Aluminum rear box seats

Had a pair of box seats custom fabricated from 1/4" aluminum. Professionally Tig welded. Just needs a cushion top which i can show you how to make. Decided to go another route with rear seats so selling these. $100 each. Pm me if interested. .
Back