Search results

1. the butcher

Motor issue

How often do folks here change spark plugs? What are the most common issues related to spark plugs that haven't been changed out in time? Anyone have motor issues such as loss of power amd vibrations when trying to get up on plane? This is what I am experiencing and wondering if it could be...
  2. the butcher

Best mercury repair dealer in lower mainland

Have some repair work on my merc 115 4 stroke.. can anyone recommend a skilled and honest merc dealer whom you've had good experiences with from the lower mainland? A dealer whom won't take forever to get you back on the water but also a dealer who will get it right the first time around.
  3. the butcher

Ez Loader roller assembly

Wondering if anyone has an extra set or has upgraded from rollers to bunks on an EZ Loader trailer and has no use for their old EZ Loader roller assemblies any longer. I am in the lower mainland and can pickup. Just need 1 assembly like in the attached picture. Really just need the curved...
  4. the butcher

Dummy flashers for sockeye

Looking forward to us hopefully getting a sockeye season at mouth of fraser this year. Will be my first sockeye season. I understand the standard setup involves an array of dummy flashers. Has anyone tested to see how less effective it is when you aren't using any extra dummy flashers with...
  5. the butcher

Is Lowrance Carbon worth the price over HDS gen 3?

I have both.... unless you thinking waiting 2-4 seconds longer upon loading up the units is worth the price....I don't think it's worth it after having both units for past few years. Only benefit I can think of is the carbon can do chirp...not sure if gen3 head units can do chirp...but even if...
  6. the butcher

Crabs..boil or steamed?

I have always boiled my dungie crabs and found the meat to be flavorful with the unique flavors of a dungenous crab. I boil the entire crab... I know some folks remove the large top shell, clean everything out and then cook...but I cook whole and find it more flavorful. Yes it can be a bit...
  7. the butcher

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

How is the east ramp at vanier? Is it also closed like the west ramp? What is the min tide in meters to launch a 20ft boat without issue or without going deep into the sand. If anyone has experience with that ramp let me know. Thanks
  8. the butcher

I haven't used the Vanier ramp is some time. I recall someone telling me the west ramp which is the newer and better one is closed and everyone is forced to use the east ramp. Does anyone know of what is the minimum tide level that I should attempt a 20ft fiberglass boat to launch or...
  9. the butcher

DFO Announces further SRKW Restrictions

My guess is this is just the beginning...next year, the yellow area in their map will be expanded or there will be more areas. Yet another BS restriction aimed at completely shutting us down...
  10. the butcher

Anyone know what the hell a traffic separation scheme is? Is the grey area shown in the map
  11. the butcher

Let me understand this....dfo closed the north arm for fishing from Aug1-sept 30... is it because this is the only time of year that SRKW comes through that area? As soon as Aug1st hits the whales go on vacation there like Canadian snowbird go down to Mexico and Florida in Novemver? Oh, wait a...
  12. the butcher

2022 Nanaimo Reports

Silly question but don't want to mess up due to a interpretation technicality. When the regs state fishing for lingcod is closed until Apr 30, does that mean we can fish for them on Apr 30th or does that mean the start date is May 1st?
  13. the butcher

Anyone successfully splice prawn line that can still be used through a ACE / Brutus prawn puller?

You don't need any special tools...need nose pliers helps.... I've had no problems splicing 5/16 leaded line. If you splice it right it isn't much thicker than original... If you continue to have problems switch out the wheel for a bigger one.
  14. the butcher

Curious what percent of the fish are legal and what percentage hatchery? This is completely unacceptable why we have been closed down and cut off from opportunities where there is no scientific or any reasonable excuse ad to why we can't have access.
  15. the butcher

Last Years Regs 2021

Seems like DFO has a plan for disappointment year after year after year and so on...
  16. the butcher

FS: garelick height adjustable kicker bracket

Forgot to mention the asking price is $400
  17. the butcher

FS: garelick height adjustable kicker bracket

For sale: garelick height adjustable kicker bracket. Heavy duty model. Extremely sturdy and solid. Paid $700 including taxes. In excellent to near New condition. Can't seem to figure out how to post images on this forum. For pics see the Craigslist ad below...
  18. the butcher

I am not filling it out. Sick and tired of playing the BS games from DFO. This survey is basically a death sentence asking us to choose between the electric chair, poison or a firing squad. None of which are good options. What a bunch of clowns.
  19. the butcher

URGENT: Southern Resident Killer Whale Recovery - DFO Online Survey-Deadline March 2nd (Salmon Fishing Area Closures 2022)

Correct me if I am wrong, aren't killer whales one ofbthr smartest nonhuman mamals on this planet? If so, would they not target some fat and slow seals and sea lions and get 50 times the calories from a single seal than solely go after Chinook? The idea that killer whales only eat Chinook and...
  20. the butcher

URGENT: Southern Resident Killer Whale Recovery - DFO Online Survey-Deadline March 2nd (Salmon Fishing Area Closures 2022)

I concur. The decision has already been made. The survey and them pretending to listen to what we have to say and to consider our proposals is all smoke and mirrors. We have gone down this road year after year and all the emails, voice-mail messages left on dfo and politicians office lines...
Back