Search results

1. F

What the heck is this?

Saw this white buoy moving in the water near the San Juan Islands. Does anybody know what it is?
  2. F

Roca wiper motor stopped working

I was trying to adjust the wiper angle and the wiper hit the edge of the window and motor stopped working. When switching it on, I can hear a click sound, but no wiper movement. Did I damage the motor? Anyone has experience with Roca wiper motor?
  3. F

Tides at Ladner Reach Marina

Should I use Tsawwassen or Ladner tidal chart for Ladner Reach Marina? And which site do you go to? It seems different websites give difference tidal predictions and the differences are sometimes more than 30 mins!
  4. F

Boat handling instruction

Thank you all for your great advice! I find them very helpful. Will find a calm day and practice more. Before I get my hands on the book recommended, what are some of the practices I can do to get familiar with the new boat? Here is what I gathered so far. 1. Holding the boat in position 2...
  5. F

Boat handling instruction

I have some experience with smaller boats but recently upgraded to a 25' cruiser with single outboard. I found the bigger boat a bit intimidating when docking to my narrow slip. Would like to get some docking instructions on my boat. Anyone can help?
  6. F

30HP outboard motor Evinrude E-Tec

35 hours. Great condition. E30DRGAF (short shaft, pull start, graphite in color). $3,870.
  7. F

Move boat from cradle to trailer

It's on the ground in an open storage facility in Langley. Not saving the cradle. Boat is 6,000 lbs.
  8. F

Move boat from cradle to trailer

I'm trying to move a 25 ft power boat from a steel cradle to a trailer. Any suggestions besides hiring a crane?
  9. F

Boat license vs registration for US entry

Very helpful. Thank you, all!
  10. F

Boat license vs registration for US entry

Does a Canadian boat need to be registered (as opposed to licensed) in order to enter the US and obtain a cruising license? Are there any advantages in practice to register the boat if I visit the San Juan's frequently?
  11. F

Customs broker recommendation

Do I need to find someone who specializes in boat or any broker will do? What would be a reasonable fee for the brokerage?
  12. F

Customs broker recommendation

I'm looking for a customs broker to import a boat from Europe. Any recommendations?
  13. F

Boat mover recommendations

Mike says they no longer do rentals. :-(
  14. F

Highliner says they no longer rent trailers.
  15. F

I need to move a 24' powerboat on cradle from New Westminster to Richmond. Can't seem to find a place to rent a trailer. Any recommendations on boat movers?
  16. F

Nicomekl river navigation

Thanks! When at the end of Ward's Marina, where do I aim to move to the outer shore? And what's the optimum distance to keep to the shore? It's around the first turn where I often have trouble.
  17. F

Nicomekl river navigation

I ran aground on Nicomekl River after leaving Wards Marina. Anyone has advices on where the channel is? The first turn after leaving the dock is particularly shallow.
Back