Search results

1. S

wheel bearing tools

Don't forget a rear seal. Races, bearings pre-packed. Hand cleaner. I use a bead of pipe thread seal around rear seal and grease cap.
  2. S

Another kick in the teeth to the public fishery

My comment. Why bother asking for comments or even input. The decision is made. No doubt based on political ********. The track record already proves it.
  3. S

Major Sale!

pm sent
  4. S

Federal government petition to end salmon farming in Canadian waters

Just signed my first ever internet petition. Pretty easy. Thanks for your efforts Alex.
  5. S

boat decals

Since you come over on the Little River ferry, you might check with Speed Pro signs in Courtenay. Just behind Home Depot. They do good work.
  6. S

Wheel Bearings... Getting Screwed Again

No experience with the super lube system but it looks very similar to sure-lube system. Differences being position of the zerk and where grease enters the cavity. Follow the instructions on that pdf and you will be very happy, IMO. Most auto supply places will sell red n tacky. Maybe not Lucas.
  7. S

Another Seadawg's lost trap

Someone contacted me to return a crab trap that was found and had the name seadawg on the float that was inside the trap. By the description they gave, it sounded like it could be a prawn trap, maybe the Bauer type. The area it was found was Annacortes Wa. near skyline marina. Maybe there's a...
  8. S

Wanted, Kelowna to Nanaimo delivery

pm has been sent
  9. S

Herring spawn reports?

Went out with the grand kids today (4 & 6) over to the east side of Denman and settled in with a flock of birds and some sea lions feeding, and the kids jigged up a half a bucket. What a hoot, was non stop for them. They figured out how to catch more than one at at time too. lol There was...
  10. S

Do your prawn traps keep trapping out of the water?

Mine are covered with a tarp. This year a rat must have gotten in from the bottom and chewed a few holes to get out. Wrapped up good with a tarp from now on.
  11. S

The Official hijack thread...thread

message too short
  12. S

Scotty Orca rod holders?

SF I use the Folbe's and live in Comox. If you want to come over and check them out, you're more than welcome.
  13. S

First Nations, Union Agree Herring Fishery Should Stay Shut

30,000 ton quota this year. Almost double last year's This decision makes sense. As long as you got a high score on the delusional idiot test.
  14. S

Trailer rebuild

Did my bearings on sure lube system and took a few photos of how I do it. The first pic is after tapping in the rear seal and packing the gap between the bearing and the seal with grease. This is the area where fresh grease will come out the hole on the spindle. The white around the rear seal is...
  15. S

Prawn bait pellets from Shar-kare

aqua-pride prawn catcher
  16. S

Trailer rebuild

I don’t think your seal should be tight against the bearing. There is a hole towards the back, at the side of the sure lube spindle, where grease should expel from, when you pump it into the grease nipple. The seal should ride outside that hole, allowing grease to flow inside toward the bearings...
  17. S

Trailer rebuild

Surge brakes are permitted up to 2,800kgs. That's just under 6200 pounds. After that, electric over hydraulic are required. If you go over weight with surge brakes, it may be unlikely you'll be caught and may be unlikely it will cause you a problem but, (always a but) if you get into an accident...
  18. S

New Boat Trailer?

Get them each a kazoo too.
  19. S

Bringing Boat up from US

What I did was stop in at the local customs office and asked them. The officer there told me everything I needed to know and do. It sounded a bit complicated at first but it really was a piece of cake thanks to the directions I got. Could depend on the particular officer I suppose, but the one I...
  20. S

Winter Waxing Project - what works best for you?

After reading this thread, checked my bookmarks and found I had saved that same fiberglassics page. Good one. Another really informative and helpful post can be found here: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/52772-tips-compound-polish-wax.html I have a Makita 9227c buffer that I...
Back