Search results

1. M

Replacement Mercruiser ECM?

Merc doesn't make an ECM for a 4.3 EFI V6 anymore. Any idea where I'd find one? Thanks
  2. M

FS: High thrust prop for Johnson/ Suzuki 9.9 kicker

10in dia, 7" pitch. Turn your normal 9.9 Suzuki /Johnson into a high thrust. Fits on a 10 spline shaft.
  3. M

Breaker size - Yamaha HT9.9 electric start

I want a breaker on my kicker because my adjustable kicker bracket looks like it could catch the power cord and lead to sparks. What breaker size should I use? 50amps?
  4. M

Storing Tomic plugs

I have about 30 Tomic plugs in Ziploc freezer bags. There has to be a better way to store these things, what do you do?
  5. M

mooring chain

I need help finding the right bottom chain and the chain that goes up to the mooring ball. Suggestions? I'm in Vancouver. If it is cheaper to use heavy used (i.e. de-rated chain) instead of galvanized, I'd consider that. Mooring a 22 footer powerboat in 25' of water (at high tide) in a...
  6. M

Mercruiser trim switches

My UP/DOWN buttons don't work after not running the boat for a month. Trailer trim works fine, but I don't even get a relay click if pressing the UP/DOWN buttons. Help! I'm stumped and frustrated and don't really know where to start.
  7. M

Fleece pants for under waders- suggestions

Wore out my old Simms fleece pants. The new ones are pretty ridiculously priced. Anyone know where fleece pants can be had in the <$100 range?
  8. M

Thormamby area

Going to Thormamby next week on vacation. I understand Epsom Pt, Sangster fish well. Any suggestions? PM me if you're more comfortable that way.
  9. M

Yamaha T8 high thrust, XL, power trim, electric start

Starts easily, everything works. Configured for a remote throttle (not included). Currently mounted to my boat, come see it run. I'm moving to a bigger kicker. Located in North Vancouver. Price is $1950 OBO.
  10. M

Adding a tiller handle T9.9

I'm putting the tiller handle from a T8 on a T9.9, a mechanic confirmed it was possible. Anyone done it?
  11. M

WTB XL Yamaha T9.9

Pm me
  12. M

stubborn fishwell pump cartridge

Trophy 2052. I've got a Johnson cartridge fishwell pump stuck in its housing. I've twisted it as hard as I can and its not budging. Its only been in there a year. Ideas? Boiling water? WD40 or penetrating oils seem a bad idea on plastic/rubber. Ideas? this has to have happened to...
  13. M

WTT: looking to "downgrade" from T8 power trim/ electric start to T8, T9.9 manual tilt

I've got a nice 2009 T8 that runs great, no problems. My Trophy is already stern heavy and a power trim motor hanging on a fixed bracket that holds the motor 2 ft behind the transom is too much weight too far aft. I need to go back to a lighter motor with an adjustable bracket. Note, my boat...
  14. M

Kicker bracket build

Looking to have a fabricator built a fixed kicker bracket for my Yamaha T8 to fit my Trophy 2052. I'm thinking of something similar to the attacked picture. I'd like insight on what I should build it out of (steel, aluminum?) and other general comments. A few other considerations: -The boat...
  15. M

Weatherproof connectors

Found this, will strip wires back a few inches and replace with another connector. Got suggestions for weatherproof connectors?
  16. M

High thrust prop Johnson/Suzuki 4 stroke 9.9/15

I am selling a Solas Amitas 4 high thrust propeller (10"x7 pitch) that fits a 9.9/15hp 4 stroke Johnson or Suzuki with the 10 spline shaft. I used it for a year, it worked great, no damage. Pushed my 20' Trophy to 6.5 mph. I tried the 5" pitch and was reving too high, the 7" worked well for...
  17. M

Electrical issue exorcism

I think have a short somewhere on my house circuit, specifically my dash panel wiper and nav light circuits. Anyone have any insight to resolving this. How should I use an ohm meter to find what I presume is a cross connection of two frayed wires? I have access to the rear of the dash panel...
  18. M

leftover Rockwool/ Roxol

I'm installing a diesel heater in my boat. I'd like to insulate the exhaust pipe with Rock Wool, but I need a shoebox worth. Anyone got some extra Rockwool kicking around? Happy to buy it, I just don't want to buy a full batten to use 5% of it.
  19. M

Boat cabin heater

I'm searching for a small heater for my Trophy 2052. Roton suggested an $2600 Espar, but thats (far)out of the budget. What are my options for boat heaters?
  20. M

Source for trailer brake parts

Lordco doesn't seem to be able to source the one piece trailer hub/ rotor I need. Where do you source trailer parts?
Back