Search results

1. Macfuzza

Toroidal propellers: gas burn reduction potential?

The control matters a lot in these type of tests. The SWS II props leave a lot to be desired.. Throw an Enertia Eco XP or even a budget performer like a Solas Lexor Plus into the mix and you'll start seeing more interesting results.
  2. Macfuzza

prop change - overpropped

10.625 x 12 should do well since raising your engine. Switching brands isn't always a direct comparison due to differences in design.
  3. Macfuzza

Nitinat river

Been over a decade since I was out there. Loads of black bears and some tricky wading if it's flowing. I've heard it's a bit more popular in recent years, back then I might see two others fishing if that.
  4. Macfuzza

Ford Ranger Tire Recomendations

Hankook Dynapro ATM served me well. Replaced them with BF Goodrich KO2s and I'm not liking them as much, not great on wet pavement.
  5. Macfuzza

Help Convincing My Wife

I've been wanting a dual sport bike but decided against it. Realized I have zero interest in riding with traffic. There's a lot more traffic on the Island these days, especially during the months I'd like to be riding. Doesn't help that most modern cars have terrible visibility with chunky...
  6. Macfuzza

Super stern heavy Hewescraft, .... and rides terrible !

This. F150 is just shy of 500lbs, Mercury 9.9 Prokicker is 110lbs. Pretty sure these boats were designed with a 70-115 in mind, and no kicker. Around 350-400lbs less than your setup. I doubt it's the foam!
  7. Macfuzza

Three blade, four blade or..loop-blade?

I've seen it before and it's interesting. That said it would be nice to know what exactly they benchmarked their product against. There's dozens of variations of a "traditional propeller" many of which are only suitable for specific applications. I guess that's where the "up to" comes into play.
  8. Macfuzza

Truck Part Prices Crazy

Tdotperformance is pretty decent. I've used them a few times without an issue. Rockauto includes the customs and duty in the shipping cost, I've never paid more than what's charged at check out.
  9. Macfuzza

Truck Part Prices Crazy

I want to support local shops but I draw the line at being blatantly ripped off. I'm not paying OEM/Dealer prices for low end aftermarket and reman junk.
  10. Macfuzza

Feeling the heat ?

Currently 40 in Nanaimo. First time I've been sent home from work due to weather!
  11. Macfuzza

Feeling the heat ?

Not looking forward to work tomorrow, if it wasn't for the ocean breeze I don't think I could stand it. Grocery getter was running hot last weekend. Dumb issue that could ruin your day! Overflow hose suctioned to the bottom of the tank creating a vacuum as the car cooled off, pulled a bunch of...
  12. Macfuzza

What is it with all these ads?

What ads? I use Microsoft Edge on my Android phone. Those who know, know.
  13. Macfuzza

Nahmint Lake closing indefinately

What! That's awful. Wife and I love Nahmint, nothing beats camping amongst those big trees and we go a few times each year (except 2020 :(). Didn't they get enough trees out of the now devastated upper valley? f*ckers. :mad:
  14. Macfuzza

cowichan river

I walked down Holt creek to the Cowichan last Saturday, good number of salmon in the lower pools (no fishing there obviously!!). The Cowichan itself was pretty high and fast, I imagine it's ripping pretty good right now. Glad to see the opening between Sandy Pool & Mile 66 though.. think I'll...
  15. Macfuzza

Truck Tires

Have BF Goodrich KO2's on my truck, 265/75R16 10 ply. I doubt I'll buy them again. Good traction, roll smooth and well made. With a manual transmission the rolling resistance and extra weight is really noticeable over other tires I've run. Using more fuel and going through brakes quicker for no...
  16. Macfuzza

Warranty, Excellent

Cool but it seems like everyone has issues with those cases. No way I'd pay $90 for one.
  17. Macfuzza

Rapid corrosion on motor

Needs a sand, primer and paint job at least.
  18. Macfuzza

Best Tires for 2500hd 4x4

Had a set of RF10s on my light truck for the past 5 years with zero issues, great in all weather and offroad. Replaced with KO2s this week, they roll smooth and ride nice but I can really feel the extra rolling resistance and weight.
  19. Macfuzza

Spun prop zinga!!

Good rule of thumb is a spun hub won't get the boat on plane and the condition will be repeatable. Floating debris is notorious for imitating a spun hub. It gets trapped against the leg, breaks up the water flow to the prop and causes it to lose it's bite. Of course the debris typically falls...
  20. Macfuzza

Tenant horror stories

I've been renting the same suite for 7 years, I'm quiet and never once complained. My rent has never been increased, win/win. I'm ready to buy my own place and have zero interest in being a landlord. My friends and family have all had bad tenants, a revolving door etc.
Back